The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By fq13
  • 1 Post By craigthor
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By russellb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 AM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Classic Action Outfits- SAGE LL, SAGE RPL, WINSTON GVX

I am moving to the land of spey rods and so I'm selling off a few rod/reel outfits that will not see much action.

These are being sold as outfits as the rod, reel and fly line are very balanced to the action of the rod. If someone wants me to part out an outfit I will certainly consider offers.

A few words about the quality of my equipment. I take very good care of everything I own, I cringe when I see someone set a reel on the gravel to line a rod. You will find all of my reels in amazing condition free of dirt or grime. All of the rods are cared for with clean cork and reel seats.

Shipping prices are dependent on the destination. Buyer to pay actual shipping charges with reels and rods shipped in two parcels. Payment is via PayPal with items shipped once payment indicates complete. International buyers welcome, I have shipped items all over the globe from Israel to Australia.

1- SAGE 590LL, SAGE 505L, Scientific Anglers Trout Stalker Textured WF5F line. Fantastic condition classic 2 piece 9' 5wt Light Line series Sage rod comes with rod tube and sock. Manufactured in England by Hardy this highly collectible, sought after Sage 505L reel is in mint condition with a Sage leather case. The fly line is the SA Trout Stalker and has been used about 3 times. Outfit price is 600USD.

Click the image to open in full size.

2- SAGE 390RPL, LAMSON LP 1.5 LITE, Scientific Anglers Mastery GPX Textured WF3F line. Top condition 2 piece 9' 3wt RPL Sage rod, comes with a rod tube and sock, reel comes with a Simms reel mitt. The Lamson reel has a few small nicks but is otherwise in amazing condition. This is a great western dry fly rod as it handles bushy dry flies like a champ. Small nymphs and woolies are no problem either. The SA Textured line has about a dozen trips on it, great line with tons of life left. Outfit price is 350USD

3- Winston GVX 7'6 3wt 4 piece, Hardy Lightweight, Scientific Anglers Trout Stalker Textured WF3F line. Another fantastic condition rod- Super light, soft classic action Winston rod that is perfect for small flies and small water. Paired with the Hardy Lightweight, this outfit makes a classic combination. Outfit price is 400USD.

4- Hardy Lightweight Spare Spool- new without box. Price 75USD

5- J. Ryall. Classic design and very smooth. I am not certain the model number on this reel but it balances well on 9' 4 or 5 wt rods. This reel comes with two center caps- one in gunmetal and there other in brass and wood. There are a couple small nicks on the finish but is otherwise in excellent condition. Price 100USD.

Last edited by russellb; 11-15-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:58 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Classic Action Outfits- SAGE LL, SAGE RPL, WINSTON GVX

Sweet gear and more than fair prices.
russellb likes this.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
Sweet gear and more than fair prices.
definitely wish I had the funds for that 5w setup so pretty....
russellb likes this.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Russell,

I've missed you posting for awhile. 2 Hand Rods eh?

For any and all who aren't familiar with Russ, as you can see he takes supreme care and pride in those rods and reels. You can trust dealing with him on anything; a first class fellow.

Ard
russellb likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-15-2013, 08:23 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

Thanks all! I am moving the family to the Seattle/Tacoma area. We are very excited and are looking to a new life in the mountains and rivers of the Pacific Northwest. But a big move comes with big costs plus I need some spey rods for the upcoming steelhead season. Any respectful offers will be considered, I would love to sell here before going to eBay.... Thank you all very much!!!

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Argh!!!! I just noticed and fixed the Winston listing- the rod is the GVX 7'6 3wt NOT a 4wt. Sorry-

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Russell,

I've missed you posting for awhile. 2 Hand Rods eh?

For any and all who aren't familiar with Russ, as you can see he takes supreme care and pride in those rods and reels. You can trust dealing with him on anything; a first class fellow.

Ard
Thanks Ard- I have been really busy lately going back and forth from the midwest to the west coast, selling a house, etc... I am looking forward to putting the move at my 6 and getting back to some steelheading!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:59 AM

Ok- I have a member interested in the Winston. If anyone is considering any of the items as an outfit or individually let me know before I head to eBay!

RODS-

SAGE 590LL 9' 2 piece 5wt- $290
SAGE 390RPL 9' 2 piece 3wt- $250
Winston GVX 7'6 4 piece 3wt- RESERVED

REELS-

SAGE 505L, mint condition, made in England by Hardy-$300
Lamson LP1.5 Lite, very good used condition- $80
J. Ryall, 4/5wt reel, very good used condition- $100
Hardy Lightweight, mint condition- $170
Hardy Lightweight Spare Spool, new without box- $65

LINES

Scientific Anglers Trout Stalker Textured WF5F, less than a dozen uses- $40
Scientific Anglers Trout Stalker Textured WF3F, less than a dozen uses- RESERVED
Scientific Anglers GPX Textured WF3F, less than a dozen uses- $40

Again- buyer to pay actual shipping charges, thanks for looking!!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:56 PM

Sa gpx wf3f- sold
winston- sold
lamson- sold
sa trout stalker wf3f- sold
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM

All items are currently for sale on eBay and all items have received bids. Therefore, interested parties please use eBay as the preferred vehicle of purchase. MODERATORS- feel free to delete this thread, thank you NAFFF for your support.

Respectfully
Russell B
craigthor likes this.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:51 PM

utriverrat is on a distinguished road

Im interested in the Hardy. I pmd you