The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/)
-   -   Brand New Reddington CT 5Wt 9-0 (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/340325-brand-new-reddington-ct-5wt-9-0-a.html)

ia_trouter 12-18-2013 04:31 PM

Brand New Reddington CT 5Wt 9-0

Pending Sale, thanks.

runningfish 12-18-2013 05:33 PM

Re: Brand New Reddington CT 5Wt 9-0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ia_trouter (Post 622128)
I have a brand new Reddington Classic Trout 5WT 9FT rod. It's so new I could return it to Cabelas tomorrow. Never fished, never casted, never been outside since it arrived last week. I bought a few rods for a friend to choose from for a retirement gift from the Army. He picked the 4WT so this one is left. A little too long for the little streams I fish. I'd sell it outright for under Cabelas price, or get it even cheaper with am interesting trade. Want it cheaper? I can use tying supplies, or perhaps you have flies to donate for a casting for recovery event? I would trade up for a quality 8-9WT reel. This offer good for a couple days and then I will just return it to Cabelas and get my 75 bucks back.

You are doing this on purpose right Dewayne :mad:? I'll pay for the shipping and nothing more :stretcher

craigthor 12-18-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningfish (Post 622146)
You are doing this on purpose right Dewayne :mad:? I'll pay for the shipping and nothing more :stretcher

Dewaynes good like that you know you want it though.... :D

ia_trouter 12-18-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningfish (Post 622146)

You sent the donation flies today so YOU are the only one who gets the discount at this point. Yes it's a plot to make you own a CT. Resistance is futile. :)

I'll hang it in the trees. Tell em how it really is Craig, as you have see it with your own eyes. 9-0 is tough to manage where we fish.

craigthor 12-18-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ia_trouter (Post 622159)
You sent the donation flies today so YOU are the only one who gets the discount at this point. Yes it's a plot to make you own a CT. Resistance is futile. :)

I'll hang it in the trees. Tell em how it really is Craig, as you have see it with your own eyes. 9-0 is tough to manage where we fish.

It is, even 8'6" is a bit long 8'0" is about as long as you'd want to go. :stretcher

stl_geoff 12-18-2013 08:31 PM

I sent you flies AND a free reel :P

haha Kidding though, I have that rod and it seems like I cant hardly give it away O_o

ia_trouter 12-18-2013 08:38 PM

I had forgotten you were trying to sell one Geoff. I will keep it if I need to. Definitely a bit long for my tiny creeks here but I will give it a chance if I don't return it.

stl_geoff 12-18-2013 08:52 PM

Let me show you how hard Im trying to sell it **its contained within these brackets > < THAT hard.....hahaha

ia_trouter 12-18-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_geoff (Post 622230)
Let me show you how hard Im trying to sell it **its contained within these brackets > < THAT hard.....hahaha

They cast way too nice to be 75 bucks forever. And if I am wrong, they will still make a nice guest rod forever.

craigthor 12-18-2013 09:24 PM

A dedicated jeep rod. lol