The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wannafish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 02:08 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Extras - Galvan, SAGE, Hardy, Orvis & Granger

Selling of some extras to fortify the budget for an upcoming trip.
All items for sale within the continental US only. Paypal preferred.

REELS:
Click the image to open in full size.

1) HARDY 'Made in England version' LRH Lightweight Click & Pawl Reel. Dual screw line guard, in fine working condition. Has its share of cosmetic wear from proper use. Selling the bamboo rod it went on (see below)
Asking -$160 shipped

2) SAGE 506 Click & Pawl. Made in England by Hardy for Sage. Tough to find these days, in excellent working condition, missing the screw cap (typical of these reels) and has a cosmetic blemish or two around the rim edge.
Asking -$205 shipped

3) GALVAN Torque 5. Asking - SOLD

5) Wright & McGill GRANGER. 8'0" Victory (8040) MODEL. 3/2. #5. 4-1/4 oz. Med/Fast. Varnished. These Grangers have a great action and are universally considered to be first rate fishing tools. This one is no exception. Second tip 1-1/2 " short as a result of the male ferrule reset. No effect on casting action or line size. I had the rod refinished by Doug Stone (D.R. Stone Bamboo Co.) & he re-wrapped a couple of the guides, replaced the worn out grip with a correct 'Granger' cork grip, re-set a couple of loose ferrules and finally re-varnished the rod. There is a slight color shade difference between the new thread wraps and the old ones. This is purely cosmetic and only apparent if you closely view them. It is difficult to match the faded look of the original threads when you have to re-wrap a few of the guides. Correctly stamped Granger reel seat. Granger 8040's typically go for between $600 - $1000 on the market. I am selling at a loss but there is no point it sitting in my closet w/o any use.
Asking $475…….Jan10 price: $425 shipped

Last edited by mysticm; 03-03-2014 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:29 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Extras - Galvan, SAGE, Hardy, Orvis & Granger

Maybe that LRH will stick around for another week or 2.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:31 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

The LRH is still here

Price drops on everything. Open to reasonable offers…worst I can do is say ' no thanks'...
Old 01-10-2014, 06:34 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Any idea on backing capacity with wf6 for the galvan 5?
Old 01-17-2014, 09:50 AM

The Galvan site states - WF6F + 100 yds of 20lb backing.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:06 PM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light

Sage 506 reel still for sale? Btw which line weights is it made for?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:13 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hold me to it, but I *think* the 506 is the same or similar size as the Princess which is suited for 6/7 by Hardy's standards. To me, 5 or 6wt is most ideal.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Very nice machined aluminum Hardy reels; you can get a nut cover for them if you look hard or one that will do from an auto accessory store. I am using a 508 on my 9.5' 6wt rod; it's got lots of room for backing but it needs a little lead weight added for the balance I like.

jaybo41 likes this.