The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 07:56 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Default Moving sale: Sage, Scott and St. Croix rods

All rods are now sold. Thanks!

During a recent move my wife got to see the full spectrum of my fly-fishing gear, thus a few things have to go. For the last few years my “local” fly shop was 4 hrs away, so I just went ahead and purchased things to test at home vs in store. I also have a nasty habit of breaking rods at the most inopportune times, so most of these were purchased as back-ups and have never seen water . Prices are “asking” unless otherwise noted and do not include shipping (figure around $12 for a rod). Only trades I could consider at this time are a 9’ 6wt med-fast action. PM for more pics.

St Croix Avid A864.4 8’6” 4wt piece with warranty card. Backup, only lawn cast. St Croix just raised the price on this rod to $260. Asking $160. Now $130

Sage Vantage 905.4 9’ 5wt 4pc with warranty card. Bought as a backup for my Sage ZXL. In lawn casting it feels like 90% of the ZXL for a whole lot less. One of the easiest casting 5wts I’ve ever handled. Asking $175. Now $155 SOLD

Scott A3 905.4 9’ 5wt 4pc can’t find warranty card. Bought for the wife to try but she wants a moderate action rod. If it was a 6wt I wouldn't be selling. Asking $225. Now $205 SOLD

Sage SLT 383.4 8’3” 3wt 4 pc with warranty card. I have a Sage SPL 383.3 so this unfortunately has to go. The last two sold on ebay went for over $375. $350 firm. Now $330 SOLD

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by fireroad; 03-23-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:10 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving sale: Sage, Scott and St. Croix rods

Wheeeew! I was afraid I was gonna see an Xi3 in there. The wife woulda killed me!!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
Wheeeew! I was afraid I was gonna see an Xi3 in there. The wife woulda killed me!!
No XIi3, but I have a VXP I'm on the fence as to whether to keep or not
Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 PM

sterling woodsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
No XIi3, but I have a VXP I'm on the fence as to whether to keep or not
what weight?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling woodsman View Post
what weight?
8wt 809-4. Bought is as a back-up and had to fish it for 2 days when a Chum snapped my St Croix Legend Elite
Old 01-30-2014, 10:47 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Man I really wish my truck didn't need a brake job…or I really wish I just had some "extra" cash (I've heard it said that there is no such thing as extra money) because I would love to own that 383 SLT. I have your SPL's little sister, the 282 and your SLT's big brother, a 490.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Have baseball bat, will travel. I can give you a free "break" job.
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 AM

buggravy will become famous soon enoughbuggravy will become famous soon enough

You've got PM re: the SLT
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 PM

All pm's replied to!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:42 AM

I'm knocking another $20 off each of these rods for the weekend in hopes that I don't have to put them on ebay.