The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 10:10 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wanted: 10WT Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
Didn't mean to derail. I have not advertised, but I have a 9ft 10wt 3pc Avid that I bought for salt, but never used it. It's a long story, but there it is.
A bit slower than I think I want/need, but I am inexperienced. Not too much of a big rod following here, but a classified is free.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:42 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Wanted: 10WT Fly Rod

I have a Sage XI3 9ft 10wt that has been used but in great shape.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:51 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

5,8, and 10s wts

WTS: Sage Flight Fly Rods 5,8,10

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-07-2014, 02:06 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking at a vintage fiberglass 10wt the other day.
The guy only wanted $35 for it ...retail...as it was an unmarked custom rod.
I'm pretty sure that it was a Winston.....shoulda bought it.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:27 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

10wt glass should get one a new shoulder in no time
Old 02-07-2014, 05:56 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
10wt glass should get one a new shoulder in no time
I already have a fiberglass 8' 9/10wt Garcia.
It's actually a very good short range rod that works well from the kayak
Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Any idea what it weighs Rip? And what line does it throw? I've never seen a big glass rod. Just curious.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

My buddy learned on his grandpas old glass rods. they are 5/6wts and they weight probably close to a pound with the reel on them. they are extremely heavy rods.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-07-2014, 09:11 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I already have a fiberglass 8' 9/10wt Garcia.
It's actually a very good short range rod that works well from the kayak
How often do you flip the yak? Ha...

Overall weight doesn't bother me... as long as it performs well... Wonderod was such a dud... Heavy and awkward... my Fenwick is heavy but feels smooth...

I've been keeping my eye out for a 10wt Fenwick... they sell cheap enough... Just waiting for one that'll sell for under $50...

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Any idea what it weighs Rip? And what line does it throw? I've never seen a big glass rod. Just curious.
You could probably get a setup to weigh in around 12oz... Just depends on what reel you want... Fenwick ff108 weighs just over 5oz
Old 02-08-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
I have a 9' glass Orvis Golden Eagle. That rod is heavy at 7.5 ounces but that's mostly due to it's heavy duty reel seat and fighting butt. The custom 10wt that I was looking at the other day seemed much lighter
My Garcia 9/10wt is 5 ounces, but that rod is only an 8 footer.