The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By craigthor
  • 1 Post By ia_trouter
  • 1 Post By craigthor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 07:41 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Custom vise with extras. - Sold!

Thanks guys this is sold!

Well with the change to larger flies my current vise struggles with size 4 and bigger hooks so a new vise has been ordered. I'd like to pass this vise on to someone who could really use a good vise and the price will reflect that.

This vise was hand lathed from Brass, Aircraft Aluminum, and Stainless Steel. It includes 2 sets of Stonfo (Italian made) jaws the Standard which in my opinion is great from 20-8 and the midge jaws which I have used without effort down to 26's but would guess it would tie smaller if you have the need. Base is Oak stained in an English Chesnut that is routered out in the bottom which holds a large steel plate for weight that is felted to protect your surfaces. Also will include a C Clamp that was hand made at the time the vise was made. It does have a white profile plate along with a bobbin rest as well. Full rotary vise that has suited me well up till this point.

Fly pictured in the vise is a size 1 Intruder hook for reference, the only problem I have with larger hooks 4 and up is that they want to rock around a bit.

Click the image to open in full size.

Vise will be disassembled for shipping and all necessary allen wrenches will be included.

As I said I would like to offer this at a reasonable price for someone starting out tying so I'm only asking $125 plus shipping and insurance costs.

I'm willing to ship this anywhere world wide as long as you are willing to pay the shipping costs. Being as this is a heavy item and awkward size I may be able to fit it into a large flat rate box which is $17.45 in the US and $3.30 for insurance.

I may be able to box it in a non flat rate box but due to the heft I'm not sure there will be much savings for Parcel Post.

Only caveat is I can't ship till my new vise arrives hoping tomorrow but may not be till Monday/ Tuesday as Monday is a holiday and the PO closed.

Craig
Joni likes this.

Last edited by craigthor; 02-13-2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Sold.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:28 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Custom vise with extras.

I have seen this vise. I'm a little shocked it is just priced like a decent ebay entry level vise. If you want to tie trout flies you would have to spend a fair bit more for something comparable.
craigthor likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:31 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Who made the vise? Is it possible to get additional jaws in the future? Any interchangeable parts with more common vises?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:16 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
Who made the vise? Is it possible to get additional jaws in the future? Any interchangeable parts with more common vises?
It was made in Italy by an acquittance at well more then I'm asking plus I had it shipped over. You can get the Magnum Jaw for it though the jaw is cheap 12 euro the shipping is killer at 30+ euro and I have only found one place to order it from and will pass the link on to the buyer. I bought the Midge jaws from them. If you speak Italian you may be able to contact Stonfo directly about the Magnum Jaw. As for the Jaws that are with it I doubt you could damage them they are super strong.

The stem is a 3/8" stem so you could add lights, magnifier, tool rack, hackle gauge or any of the other common add ons.

Also with machining, lathe and CNC skill you could adapt any vise head you wanted to this I'm sure.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
I have seen this vise. I'm a little shocked it is just priced like a decent ebay entry level vise. If you want to tie trout flies you would have to spend a fair bit more for something comparable.
Thanks, it is definitely a gorgeous and purposeful vise. Thought I could make someone a very sweet deal.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

SOLD! Thanks again!
fly_guy12955 likes this.