The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By itchmesir
  • 1 Post By itchmesir
  • 1 Post By itchmesir

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Goodwin Granger Champion 8642

Up for sale is a Goodwin Granger Champion 8642 3/1... I'll let the pictures do most of the talking as my knowledge of the rod is limited to what I've learned about it on FFR. Pre WWII made rod. One of the best tapers ever made. Slide band reel seat. Ferrules make a nice pop when pulled apart. Cork has some ridging. All components are original and the finish is in great shape... Possibly refurbished. All pieces are equal in length. Comes with what appears to be original sock and non original aluminum tube.

$220 + shipping + insurance. PP preferred. Conus. SOLD.

Will include Shakespeare Russell 1897 at no additional cost as it was given to me on another forum at no cost. Will come loaded with H&H DT5F.(not the line shown)

Rod and reel will ship separately. I'll cover shipping costs on the reel.

Click the image to open in full size.

baseman1 likes this.

Last edited by itchmesir; 03-25-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Goodwin Granger Champion 8642

Very nice...
Old 03-24-2014, 04:15 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

It is very nice. Sweet casting rod. I felt like I was a conductor of a symphony orchestra with the elegant casting this rod demands. Just not really a rod I find a use for often. It was nice to play with and now it's time to pass it on to a more serious owner.

“You can’t waste your life making money, and then go back and try to buy your life back.”
craigthor likes this.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 PM

....sold....

“You can’t waste your life making money, and then go back and try to buy your life back.”
craigthor likes this.