The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 05:15 PM

mtstickbow78 is on a distinguished road
Default orvis trident tls mid flex 6.5 5wt 8.5'

New never fished with I got two of these so I am selling or trading this one. $250 or would trade for the right 10' 8wt rod or nice big game reel. I am in need of something for steelhead, salmon, northern, musky. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:03 PM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: orvis trident tls mid flex 6.5 5wt 8.5'

Sweet, nice rod.

Unfortunately, I'm infinitely satisfied with my Orvis HLS 5wt.. Worse still if even thinking of gifting it, the new (used for maybe 1 hour, spent time changine lines) Orvis HLS Silver "Powerhouse Special" 8wt., 9'-0", 7.0 mid flex I would never offer in trade because it is absolute junk (even the Orvis reps agreed). For being a 7.0 flex it has the spine of an earthworm and the muscle of a skeleton. Literally EVERY cast from numerous lines just collapse.......I don't need the karma that comes with even giving it away.

That said, I'll pass along to a few folks I know that desperately need a rod and keep fighting it.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 PM

mtstickbow78 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: orvis trident tls mid flex 6.5 5wt 8.5'

Thanks for the reply and the heads up on the power house special. I am new to this and I hope I am not asking to much for this rod I tried to do some research on it and seen that others have sold for around this. I don't want to rip anyone off or get ripped off my self just looking to do some honest selling or trading for what I could use. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk