The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By planettrout
  • 1 Post By comeonavs
  • 1 Post By planettrout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 08:42 AM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold
Default Looking for: Tungsten Bead Head Midges

Playing with one of my Keiryu rods I want to test out some Tungsten Beadhead Midges with it. Here is what I think I'm looking for:

Simple looking (Zebra type) and if you have pictures that would be great.

Size 20 scud hooks - prefereable quality hooks
Bead Head - Tungsten
Colors - thinking some red, black, maybe purple
Wire ribbing

Only thing is I'm looking for some to test before I make any big investment so let me know what you have and how much you want. Probably have to wait till wednesday to send any funds as the check has to hit the bank and with the holiday might not be cleared on time.

I don't plan on getting back into tying anytime soon as the nerve damage in my shoulders flairs up too much from tying so I'd prefer to support a fellow member.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:08 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for: Tungsten Bead Head Midges

Too bad ya' aren't tying...these are simple and effective, using Gamakatsu #20 C12-B hooks or Daiichi 1130 #20, TMC 2487 #20 or even TMC 2488, #18- #20.

Krystal Flash for the Abdomen, X-sm or x-fine wire for the rib (UTC or Lagartun)

Spirit River Iridescent Peacock for the Thorax:

https://spiritriver.com/materials/fe...t-dyed-peacock

...and a 1/16" Tung bead ( I like the Plummeting Tung. beads):

Plummeting Tungsten Beads

Click the image to open in full size.

...if you change yer' mind and want to give it a go...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 AM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

THose look awesome if someone has and wants to tie 6 up let me know....
Old 05-24-2015, 09:54 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Craig

I can whip some up over the next few days, probably get them in the mail by Wednesday. PM me your address if you want I can whip up some on Dai Riki 135 Hooks

Zebra Midges (Red/Black)
Poison Tung
Calico Midge
hairwing530 likes this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 05-24-2015, 10:40 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Just a P.S.

I coat the abdomens on those KF & fine wire midges with Hard As Hull or SH's before wrapping the thorax with peacock herl. The Trout teeth do a number on those materials - real quick...

PT/TB
hairwing530 likes this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/