Looking for: Tungsten Bead Head Midges

craigthor

Reaction score
Playing with one of my Keiryu rods I want to test out some Tungsten Beadhead Midges with it. Here is what I think I'm looking for:

Simple looking (Zebra type) and if you have pictures that would be great.

Size 20 scud hooks - prefereable quality hooks
Bead Head - Tungsten
Colors - thinking some red, black, maybe purple
Wire ribbing

Only thing is I'm looking for some to test before I make any big investment so let me know what you have and how much you want. Probably have to wait till wednesday to send any funds as the check has to hit the bank and with the holiday might not be cleared on time.

I don't plan on getting back into tying anytime soon as the nerve damage in my shoulders flairs up too much from tying so I'd prefer to support a fellow member.

planettrout

Reaction score
Too bad ya' aren't tying...these are simple and effective, using Gamakatsu #20 C12-B hooks or Daiichi 1130 #20, TMC 2487 #20 or even TMC 2488, #18- #20.

Krystal Flash for the Abdomen, X-sm or x-fine wire for the rib (UTC or Lagartun)

Spirit River Iridescent Peacock for the Thorax:

https://spiritriver.com/materials/feathers/peacock/iridescent-dyed-peacock

...and a 1/16" Tung bead ( I like the Plummeting Tung. beads):

Plummeting Tungsten Beads

...if you change yer' mind and want to give it a go...:thmbup:

PT/TB

comeonavs

Reaction score
Craig

I can whip some up over the next few days, probably get them in the mail by Wednesday. PM me your address if you want I can whip up some on Dai Riki 135 Hooks

Zebra Midges (Red/Black)
Poison Tung

Calico Midge

planettrout

Reaction score
Just a P.S.

I coat the abdomens on those KF & fine wire midges with Hard As Hull or SH's before wrapping the thorax with peacock herl. The Trout teeth do a number on those materials - real quick...

PT/TB