The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/)
-   -   Sage 486 Graphite III LL B For Sale (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-tackle-member-classifieds/48539-sage-486-graphite-iii-ll-b-sale.html)

Glen Wright 09-12-2010 10:44 PM

Sage 486 Graphite III LL B For Sale

About a month ago I broke the tip off of my Sage 486 LL and Sage replaced the blank it.

I'm offering for Sale the two piece Sage 486 Graphite III LL B blank for sale...$200 shipped within the continental U.S. or BEST OFFER.

If you would like to check my reputation online as a seller the following is the link to my 100% positive feedback eBay Feedback Profile for twilsonent.

I will accept payment via cash, PayPal, or Postal Service Money Order.

Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be actual cost. Not available to other countries.

If you are interested contacting me via PM and I will provide my phone or other contact information.

Glen Wright 09-15-2010 11:26 AM

Re: Sage 486 Graphite III LL B For Sale

I'm in shock:eek:... that no one has shown any interest!

Common people this is an opportunity to build a custom rod with your choice of custom reel seat, cork grip, guides and tip top all on what many consider the best Trout fishing blank ever made. I've seen Sage Light Line rods sell on Ebay for over $400 which is nearly twice what they sold for new.

However, I have thought of something that I did not mention above. Sage sent back my old Sage LL so if you do not want to build an entire rod you can just wrap new guides on to the tip section install a tip top and you will be ready to go, because I will also include the old rod as well.

The asking price is $200 shipped within the continental U.S. OR BEST OFFER! Alask, Hawaii, and Canada actual shipping cost.

I sure hate to have to place this on Ebay. I would rather sell it to someone here on this forum as then I know it will be someone who will genuinely appreciate the quality of of this rod blank!

FrankB2 09-15-2010 01:08 PM

New blank and original rod is a pretty SWEET deal! :eek:

MacFly55 09-15-2010 04:40 PM

If I knew how to repair or put together a kit Id seriously consider the deal.. two rods for less than the price of one is an awesome deal...

MacFly

Glen Wright 09-15-2010 05:08 PM

I may need to clarify that the original rod was sent in, because of broken tip.

You would recieve one rod with a broken tip section on which you could simply place a tip top.

You will also recieve one New complete rod blank.

I just finished my first rod build this week and frankly it was simple. Not to say I didn't make mistakes and have to redo a couple wraps, but the truth is when I figured out the simple mistake I was making when finishing off my wraps from then on it was breeze.

I would not personally make this the first blank I wrap. I would buy a less expensive blank to build up first. Then build this one.

By the way the only reason I'm selling this is I want to purchase a 10' 4wt Dan Craft or CTS blank to build for Czech Nymphing.

MacFly55 09-16-2010 11:49 AM

I understand that the deal would include the rod with the broken tip... sorry if I confused anyone... :)

What I was trying to say was that for anyone who has those skills or experience in either repairing the one rod or putting the blank together .. this would be a sweet deal..

Unfortunately.. I dont have those skills.. yet.. :D maybe one day in the future... and I agree.. I would not do any test assembly on a higher end blank like this sage... Id have to go to a lower end blank where if I goofed up bad the monetary loss would not dig so deep into the wallet.. :)

MacFly :cool:

mojo 09-16-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacFly55 (Post 138566)
I understand that the deal would include the rod with the broken tip... sorry if I confused anyone... :)

What I was trying to say was that for anyone who has those skills or experience in either repairing the one rod or putting the blank together .. this would be a sweet deal..

Unfortunately.. I dont have those skills.. yet.. :D maybe one day in the future... and I agree.. I would not do any test assembly on a higher end blank like this sage... Id have to go to a lower end blank where if I goofed up bad the monetary loss would not dig so deep into the wallet.. :)

MacFly :cool:

Get the damn thing already John:teef:

Glen Wright 09-16-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo (Post 138671)
Get the damn thing already John:teef:

How about you Mojo... Your the one the gave me a hard time about liking my TFO Finesse over my LL and I know you have experience building rods;)

mojo 09-16-2010 10:50 PM

This would be perfect for MacFly. And what would I do with another fly rod? I have 2 blanks waiting to be built still. And sorry although I like the LL and Joni's got a beautiful 2w LL, it's still not a Winston or glass.....:D

Glen Wright 09-16-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo (Post 138791)
it's still not a Winston or glass.....

Thats, because its better! hehe jk

Speaking of glass I have a 5wt honey colored Lamiglass glass blank if you are interested I'll sell it for $75.

Perhaps you could offer to help MacFly with the build and he may decide to move on. He has till Sunday to decide then I'm putting them on Ebay separately after putting a Tip Top on the original rod.