The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Talking Sage 486 Graphite III LL B For Sale

About a month ago I broke the tip off of my Sage 486 LL and Sage replaced the blank it.

I'm offering for Sale the two piece Sage 486 Graphite III LL B blank for sale...$200 shipped within the continental U.S. or BEST OFFER.

If you would like to check my reputation online as a seller the following is the link to my 100% positive feedback eBay Feedback Profile for twilsonent.

I will accept payment via cash, PayPal, or Postal Service Money Order.

Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be actual cost. Not available to other countries.

If you are interested contacting me via PM and I will provide my phone or other contact information.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 09-13-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Sage 486 Graphite III LL B For Sale

I'm in shock... that no one has shown any interest!

Common people this is an opportunity to build a custom rod with your choice of custom reel seat, cork grip, guides and tip top all on what many consider the best Trout fishing blank ever made. I've seen Sage Light Line rods sell on Ebay for over $400 which is nearly twice what they sold for new.

However, I have thought of something that I did not mention above. Sage sent back my old Sage LL so if you do not want to build an entire rod you can just wrap new guides on to the tip section install a tip top and you will be ready to go, because I will also include the old rod as well.

The asking price is $200 shipped within the continental U.S. OR BEST OFFER! Alask, Hawaii, and Canada actual shipping cost.

I sure hate to have to place this on Ebay. I would rather sell it to someone here on this forum as then I know it will be someone who will genuinely appreciate the quality of of this rod blank!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 09-15-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

New blank and original rod is a pretty SWEET deal!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM

MacFly55 will become famous soon enoughMacFly55 will become famous soon enough

If I knew how to repair or put together a kit Id seriously consider the deal.. two rods for less than the price of one is an awesome deal...

MacFly
Old 09-15-2010, 05:08 PM

I may need to clarify that the original rod was sent in, because of broken tip.

You would recieve one rod with a broken tip section on which you could simply place a tip top.

You will also recieve one New complete rod blank.

I just finished my first rod build this week and frankly it was simple. Not to say I didn't make mistakes and have to redo a couple wraps, but the truth is when I figured out the simple mistake I was making when finishing off my wraps from then on it was breeze.

I would not personally make this the first blank I wrap. I would buy a less expensive blank to build up first. Then build this one.

By the way the only reason I'm selling this is I want to purchase a 10' 4wt Dan Craft or CTS blank to build for Czech Nymphing.

Last edited by FlyBum; 09-16-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 AM

MacFly55 will become famous soon enoughMacFly55 will become famous soon enough

I understand that the deal would include the rod with the broken tip... sorry if I confused anyone...

What I was trying to say was that for anyone who has those skills or experience in either repairing the one rod or putting the blank together .. this would be a sweet deal..

Unfortunately.. I dont have those skills.. yet.. maybe one day in the future... and I agree.. I would not do any test assembly on a higher end blank like this sage... Id have to go to a lower end blank where if I goofed up bad the monetary loss would not dig so deep into the wallet..

MacFly

Last edited by MacFly55; 09-16-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:21 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFly55 View Post
I understand that the deal would include the rod with the broken tip... sorry if I confused anyone...

What I was trying to say was that for anyone who has those skills or experience in either repairing the one rod or putting the blank together .. this would be a sweet deal..

Unfortunately.. I dont have those skills.. yet.. maybe one day in the future... and I agree.. I would not do any test assembly on a higher end blank like this sage... Id have to go to a lower end blank where if I goofed up bad the monetary loss would not dig so deep into the wallet..

MacFly
Get the damn thing already John
Old 09-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Get the damn thing already John
How about you Mojo... Your the one the gave me a hard time about liking my TFO Finesse over my LL and I know you have experience building rods
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

This would be perfect for MacFly. And what would I do with another fly rod? I have 2 blanks waiting to be built still. And sorry although I like the LL and Joni's got a beautiful 2w LL, it's still not a Winston or glass.....
Old 09-16-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
it's still not a Winston or glass.....
Thats, because its better! hehe jk

Speaking of glass I have a 5wt honey colored Lamiglass glass blank if you are interested I'll sell it for $75.

Perhaps you could offer to help MacFly with the build and he may decide to move on. He has till Sunday to decide then I'm putting them on Ebay separately after putting a Tip Top on the original rod.