The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Member Classifieds For PRIVATE sales, swaps or wanted ads for fly fishing related goods only. For COMMERCIAL posts first register as a Business member, pay the nominal fee and post in the Business Classifieds. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. No Bumping please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default NEW Winston BIIX 9' 5 WT; $375

This is the Winston BIIX 9' 5wt 4 pc with the green graphite reel seat and black anodized hardware. It is new and unfished, though it has been cast in my yard. I purchased it from a guy who frequents my local fly shop who was getting a BIIIX (I guess the marketing ploy worked on him); and it is 100% new and unmarred in every respect, I did an inch by inch visual inspection. The tube and sock are also in crisp clean shape.

I have no way to verify the following information concerning the warranty, but I have no reason to disbelieve him. He never registered the rod, but could not find the warranty card when I go the rod from him. So take that for what it is, I don't want to be held responsible if you can't register this rod. I will accept a paypal payment, and will ship quickly USPS with delivery confirmation and insurance through Paypal so the package can be tracked.

PM me if you are interested, or want a pic sent to an e-mail address. I have to pay for my new TXL and I don't get to fish a 9' rod often enough to consider keeping this one; I want it, but I will only use (another) 9' a handful of times a year.

$375.00 (OBO, I guess) Total, shipped with insurance and delivery confirmation and tracking through paypal.

Thanks, AusableBrown.

Last edited by ausablebrown; 01-06-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:11 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NEW Winston BIIX 9' 5 WT; $375

I have added "OBO" to the listing after the price; but not too much...If I sold this a few months after I bought it and lost money my wife would spaz on me
Old 01-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Price Lowered: $335 firm, includes shipping
Old 01-10-2011, 04:10 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Ausable - If my wife knew I was contemplating this she'd spaz!

I don't see the Boron IIx on the Winston website anymore, I assume it has been replaced by one more "I"?

This is a pretty fast rod, no? If it were a 6wt I'd be logged into Paypal already...I fish a 4wt and really want to replace my old, heavy dog 6wt that I use for early season. I wonder if this stiff 5wt would do it??

Maybe I'll go see if I can find one in my local shop. Work is slow today! Let me know if you still have it. I'll check back tonight.

thanks,
Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 PM

Yes they replaced it with the BIIIX, faster and stiffer according to review.

It's still here; there are numerous threads about this rod on here. Sage/fast action junkies, complain about the "soft tip", but it is fast-medium to fast overall. There are many people who boast 100' casts with the BIIX. I found 70 feet with a relaxed double-haul, and I am not even that great. I found it very delicate test-casting a size 14 dry with the hook clipped off, and did not try casting anything else. I have not really fished with it so check out the other threads on here for opinions; and there are MANY threads about the BIIX.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:20 AM

Unsold but no longer for sale.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:16 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
Unsold but no longer for sale.
What happened? Did you just get out and fish? Enjoy!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:35 PM

No fishing yet, but Christmas is paid for; the property taxes are sent, and that is a damn pretty rod and I'm gonna say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MYSELF

Last edited by ausablebrown; 01-17-2011 at 07:38 PM.