The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Trips and Schools Available Worldwide (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-trips-schools-available-worldwide/)
-   -   Fly Fishing The Rivers of Alaska; (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-trips-schools-available-worldwide/320130-fly-fishing-rivers-alaska.html)

Hardyreels 05-22-2013 01:41 PM

Fly Fishing The Rivers of Alaska;

As some of you know this will be my third year of guiding here in Alaska. It is also the first year for my web site which serves to advertise my little business; Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

I will be able to give up to date information to anyone who may consider a trip this coming season. The information is for anyone not just those who would hire a guide. Please feel free to use the 'Contact' on the web pages or to reply here via PM if you have any questions about availability this season. I will be updating the blog page on the web site with run strength information as it becomes available to me.

The blog is full of articles now and I will be writing more for January 2014. The news paper from the town where I was born is going to do a full length article about one of their native sons who is living out their childhood dreams in the wild country. I will add more blog material prior to that story running so that when there is a spike in viewers on the site the visitors find things that may interest them.

To all of you here, thanks for visiting the web site and please come often.

Ard

ontheflyguide 06-26-2013 12:29 PM

Re: Fly Fishing The Rivers of Alaska;

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 558462)
As some of you know this is my second year of guiding here in Alaska. It is also the first year for my web site which serves to advertise my little business; Fishing with Ard Stetts | Fly and Spey fishing in Alaska.

Our ice is out now and I will be able to give up to date information to anyone who may consider a trip this season. Please feel free to use the 'Contact' on the web pages or to reply here via PM if you have any questions about availability this season. I will be updating the blog page on the web site with run strength information as it becomes available to me.

Ard

This looks Like one Heck of a trip!

Hardyreels 11-28-2013 04:36 PM

Thanks Nate,

There is some updated information on the site blog posts and I will be adding more about the 2013 season over the next couple days, (November 28 - 30, 2013) For any readers who may be considering a trip, the dates below are a baseline for run timing.

King Salmon: Begin to show by June 5-10th and peak by June 28, season ends July 4.

Sockeye & Chum: Begin to show well by June 25 in many rivers but are drainage specific.

Pink: Come in force by Mid July through August

Silver Salmon: Begin to show by Late July peaking around August 10 - 20th

Trout / Char / Grayling are available through out the season as the water conditions allow for good fishing.

If you contact regarding information I can be more specific about the trout fishing as well as Grayling.

Ard

Ard Stetts' Life On The Line

ia_trouter 12-28-2013 07:01 PM

Bump for another forum sponsor.

If you haven't checked out his blog you are missing out on some good reading. Regardless of whether you desire to fish Alaska, Ard writes well and has put up a few articles I found very informative and entertaining.

littledavid123 12-28-2013 08:18 PM

LOL...I opened this thread, thinking with only a few posts it must be new and started reading. Have to admit to being quite puzzeled when Ard said the ice was out until reading the date on the thread...:icon_redf

Dave

Hardyreels 12-28-2013 08:46 PM

Guess I should close it up and start new huh :o

I know this will seem hard to believe but I really don't remember what I have posted and where....... Thanks for the heads up

ia_trouter 12-28-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littledavid123 (Post 625476)
LOL...I opened this thread, thinking with only a few posts it must be new and started reading. Have to admit to being quite puzzeled when Ard said the ice was out until reading the date on the thread...:icon_redf

Dave

You know we've been complaining about the global warming thing Dave. Alaskan ice out for New Years, it's just crazy LOL. I was looking to bump the thread he did a month ago but the title eluded me. Of course you can just search for all posts by Hardyreels. He's a chatty guy so I had to give up eventually. :)

His website blog has some neat stuff about the Alaskan Salmon runs, how the rivers become the winter "highways" etc. Some posts are almost short stories. I found it interesting. He needs to write a book someday.

95chevy 12-28-2013 10:01 PM

Some day go to Alaska. I've always wanted to go. Even before I got into fly fishing, but fly fishing makes me want to go even more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Hardyreels 12-28-2013 10:40 PM

I believe that Alaska and the PNW for steelhead on the famous rivers is an early addition to everyone's dream destinations. I always thought I might take up residence on Michigan's Upper Peninsula but alas, even with all the travels I have done I never got there. It's a wilderness with many a place where a person can fish alone also.

bigcoho 12-29-2013 08:47 PM

I came up in March and still here. Worked all summer and only had a chance to fish about 4 times but did put a few silvers in the freezer. This year it looks like I may be working 7-2 at a different job and have plenty of time for fishing. All I need to do is figure out the best fly's and get to it. After watching this video I have had a change of heart.

A DELIBERATE LIFE – RockHouse Motion