The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 12:48 PM

Tajue17 will become famous soon enough
Default airflo "ridged" striper intermediate

I used this line all last season here locally and the first and second casts where decent but then it seemed like the line was sticking together in the stripping basket,, I use a orvis basket and it wasn't tangling but to me it looked like it was sticking together,,,,,,,,, I rinse my lines after every outing in fresh water, I pull the lines out all the way to the backing and then clean them.

I'm wondering about switching to SA this year and try that,,, but was it me or did anyone else have a bad experience with the Airflo ridged?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 AM

tonysav is on a distinguished road
Default Re: airflo "ridged" striper intermediate

Send it back they will send you a new line.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:51 PM

Tajue17 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: airflo "ridged" striper intermediate

sorry I didn't notice you posted here,,,

I have two sets of 9# ridged on two reels and I'm not sure if I still have the packing,,, not sure if I even want another ridged line I think the salt is getting in between those ridges IDK..

I did write them and they wrote back saying they have not had any complaints so I should try cleaning the line,,, which I do after every time out I clean everything in the shower and pull all the line out up to the backing to clean it..

I'm going to replace them with SA and RIO,,,, thanks for the post.