The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 PM

turner66 is on a distinguished road
Default Joni's leaders just arrived, woohoo!

I just recieved 7 leaders from Joni. 4 floaters, 2 sinking, 1 Joni's special Mono. All 4-6 wt, some with rings and some with Shorb loops.

These are my first, and they are very nice indeed! Just from my email correspondence with her, I could tell she takes pride in her work and she definitely produces a high quality product. I can't wait to get out and fish them this weekend.

Thanks Joni! I'm also very impressed with the Special Mono

hope the pics show ok.
Dime for size reference:
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Joni's leaders just arrived, woohoo!

I love her leaders. They turn over a fly like no other leader I have used. The last bunch I got I had her put in some high vis and boy what a difference on the water.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You!! Wow, I am at a loss for words. Anytime!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Thank You!! Wow, I am at a loss for words. Anytime!
That's a first
I've used Joni's leaders and I have tried many others. Her's are the best by far, next to my twisted leaders .

You will love what happens when you start casting and that sucker just lays out there just the way it was intended to. Have fun.

Joni, you know I'm just joshing

Kelly.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:44 PM

I'm sold. I fished one of Joni's camo 4-6 wt with 2mm ring & 3 1/2 ft tippet today. These leaders cast great, and fish great!

Like you said, they just lay right out there. Soft & smooth.
I'll never go back to a tapered mono leader again.

Bonus for the day, between my 8yr old daughter, 11yr old son, and myself, we landed 19 fish Double bonus, all fish were caught on flies tied either by my daughter or my son. No matter the type or size of fish, the smile on their faces is priceless.

Thanks again Joni, you have 3 more customers now

Brad
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

turner, your buttons have to be bursting from your shirt. I would be so proud of my kids and you should be. They no doubt learned to tie from you and to catch fish on fly's that they tied. Really great and I'm happy for them and you as well. It's better than a video game I know that....

Best Regards, Boser
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boser View Post
turner, your buttons have to be bursting from your shirt. I would be so proud of my kids and you should be. They no doubt learned to tie from you and to catch fish on fly's that they tied. Really great and I'm happy for them and you as well. It's better than a video game I know that....

Best Regards, Boser
Boser, You're right. I'm proud of them both. I wish I could've tied a useable fly when I was 8, or even made a decent cast for that matter I'm trying to hold up my end of the bargain to pass this sport on to the next generation and keep it alive. It's tougher to do here in the heat of southeast Texas, but so far I've been keeping them interested. They do have a Wii video game, but if it gets used once or twice a month, that's alot. They much prefer being outside, and that's just fine with me. Now they've started bugging me to flyfish from kayaks

Be well.
Cheers
Old 06-14-2010, 01:48 PM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

turner, your in for alot of fun and fond memories. It's encouraging to hear Fathers like you are passing their experience on to their children. It gives all of us hope that our Ideals will not parish.

Happy Fathers Day You, Boser