The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 05:53 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Switch Rod fly line

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
Thanks Mojo, I agree they were designed for moving water, but got interested in using them on lakes when wading and where backcast room was limited. this video, kind of pushed me over the "give it a try" edge.

Lake Fishing with Switch Rods | Video Tips

d
Good video. Using the right line makes a big difference. How would a switch rod do out of a kickboat?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:18 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I thought about that, but worried the rod would be too long to land fish with unless you had a long handled net. Have not tried it yet, but it is on my list.

Dave
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Done some switch from a boat/float, and the close-up game isn't easy. You will need that long handled net for sure.
Used it roll casting off the dam for smallies, but my difficulty with this style on a lake, is that the water loaded/anchored casts and fat nature of the line causes way to much noise on the water.
Scares the fish.
On the other hand, getting it out there 60+ feet with an overhand cast offsets that a bit.
Good luck Dave, give me a report. Bring it up sometime for the river.....

Jim

Last edited by Bigfly; 08-03-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Switch Rod Users....

We at CutThroat Leaders now offer Switch Rod and Spey Leaders. In our effort to spread the word, we are going to give away one 9'-0" 5/6 switch rod leader to the first five NAFFF members to contact me. Either through our website or private message here on the forum. We offer either the tippet rings or the shorb loop on these leaders; let me know which tippet end you would like when you email me. I will need your mailing address.

Thank you,

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com