The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Stripped off my reel, tossed to the ground, gave it the finger and set it ablaze

So, I purchased a couple Airflo lines a few months back without casting them first. As I purchased them directly from a fly shop in the UK I got a good price, the model was the Sixth Sense- a half weight heavier line.

Without a doubt these lines have the finest taper I have ever used for fast action rods. But the goodness and glory end there- they don't shoot through the guides as they have an almost sticky feel to them. Then, when the weather chills they coil like a phone cord.

Today the failure to shoot became too much and I snapped. But I'm feeling much better now....
Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice
Default Re: Stripped off my reel, tossed to the ground, gave it the finger and set it ablaze

Ha ha, I got a good laugh from your title of this thread. My comment probably doesn't make you feel better about the purchase but I'll say it was worth every penny you spent
Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 PM

seajay will become famous soon enoughseajay will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Stripped off my reel, tossed to the ground, gave it the finger and set it ablaze

Send them to me Russell and I will give a second opinion for ya.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Russell I know how you feel,even though it doesn't get nearly as cold here many years ago we all had similiar problems with a particular make of line,our solution was we complained to The Rep for our area through the seller,eventually they corrected the problem,they even gave a few samples for testing,however I didn't recieve one & stopped using their lines.
I now use lines made by that company who make a multitude & variety of lines as well as other brands including Airflo,none of which I have had troubles with to date,then again I haven't fished as much lately as lots of you guys as we have came out of a 10 year drought.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 09-04-2011 at 03:48 AM.