The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 PM

davidm is on a distinguished road
Default Fly line help...

Hi Guys, I just got a new Winton Boron IIX 9' 5wt and a Islander LX 3.2 reel, just wonder what is the best line for these rod, any help will appreciate, thanks David
Old 11-13-2011, 07:33 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: Fly line help...

For my faster rods I love the SA Mastery Textured GPX
Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. It might help us to know what you plan to fish for with this rod.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

first, welcome to the forum,
depending on your target species and target water, choices will vary.
but for a great all around line, i would highly recommend the fly lines that justin is offering at allen fly fishing.
Allen Fly Fishing

casey

ARFE
Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

I have that rod and if it to be used in situations that typically call for a 5 weight rod I think you'll find that rod likes lines that are true to weight... meaning there's no need to upline, down line or go with lines that are 1/2 weight heavy.
Sweet rod. It will tip cast sweetly up close and keep working down the blank for reaching out without folding.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 PM

davidm is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, well mostly I'll be using it for Brown Trout at Grand River and for Steelhead as well, also I most of the time I used dry flies and small stoneflies and midge... Thanks
David