The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By comeonavs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 08:37 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default SA GPX on Sage TXL

I've searched and searched and couldn't find any specifics around my question. I have the following I need / want to put fresh line on in anticipation of the spring thaw.

TXL 3710-3 with a Click320
TXL 4710-3 with a Ross Evo 2

I have thrown the 3wt with RIO Selective Trout WF and it was ok, I have Sage DT on it and love it. I threw the 4wt with SA Mastery GPX WF and it was ok too.

Before I go drop $150 on line I am 99% Sure I want DT since I use them for smallish streams / River . My question is and I am not super picky but has anyone used the SA Mastery GPX DT on a TXL the 3 piece not the new 4 piece. Or has anyone used the RIO Trout LT DT on these. I like the 1/2wt heavier as these are fast rods and I roll cast them alot.

If anywhere around here sold the Sage DT around here it would be simpler as it was great.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: SA GPX on Sage TXL

So no one answered and I had to go it alone

I today finally got to fish the new line. SA Textured trout stalker in WF3 on the TXL 3WT was so unbelievable. Very supple in cold water (iced over banks), line turned over a 14 dry with a 20 beadhead midge no problem. Then put on a size 18 dry alone just to see....man it was sweet.

I had the master XPS put on my 4WT TXL and it was awesome too
chi flyfisher likes this.