The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Kerry Pitt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Airflo clear floating line

I have always liked the idea of clear lines, but the lines I tried were pretty bad as far as memory goe. Recently I bought a 3wt Airflo from a Dealer on E-Bay, he assured me it was a pretty good line with minimal memory. I gave it a try in Southern Alberta a few weeks ago in freezing rain and very cold conditions. It performed very well with minimal memory in those adverse condition. Just sharing my experience with it, kind of expensive to experiment with different lines so information is always good for me to find and I hope this helps someone else.
mojo, mcnerney, jpbfly and 3 others like this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 AM

TeddyBallgame09 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Airflo clear floating line

Thanks for sharing your experience...over the past year or so, I've become a huge fan of AirFlo lines...and now use them throughout my arsenal from 3wt. Ridge Supple Tactical Trout to 10 wt. 40+ Intermediate Sink Tip lines for Stripers.
(Haven't needed to clear ones yet)

They are fantastic lines and shoot/handle/mend better than anything else I've used.

Hope others will give AirFlo & Rajeffsports a shot!!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airflo clear floating line

+1 I got turned on to Airflo lines this past year and really like the Supple Tactical for one of my 4wt lines. Great taper and so far has held up very well. I liked it so much I added a DT for my 3wt. They are certainly worth consideration for anyone in the market for new line.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:00 AM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone tried these tacticle clear lines for Carp? Was thinking about giving it a try on my 6wt I use for Carp fishing.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:46 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have wondered about Airflo's clear floaters and appreciate your review. I fish a particular spring creek quite regularly and was really excited when Cortland came out with the 555 Clear floater - what a disaster! Worst line I ever owned. Even in warm summer months it had a terrible memory - coils and coils of line all over the place. I fished the San Juan one February and my fishing buddy's son asked him what that white line was with all of the coils and why was I using it... Live and learn.

Your review gives me confidence to try one of Airflo's clear floaters for my favorite spring creek. THANKS!

Kelly.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kerry...last week my friend the fischmeister asked me about this line...didn't know what to say
Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

I have used Monic clear for a couple of seasons in the 2wt. So far so good.

Going to have to try the Airflow now....

Thanks
Jim
Old 01-26-2014, 07:14 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

thinking I will have to test out one of these clear lines from Airflo soon.