The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mudbug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 02:05 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about
Default Discount line sources

Sources for discount fly line came up in another thread and unfortunately hi-jacked the OP's thread (sorry bout that) so if you've got a good source for discounted prices on line you've used before, post it up. Maybe this will be get "stickied" so it will stay at the top of the forum.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discount line sources

A good place to check periodically is the 'sale' areas on major websites be they Orvis, or Cabelas, or whatever. Often the popular sizes are sold quickly leaving less used line weights but if you check periodically you can find a deal. Also fly shop closeouts can have some great deals as well as sierra trading post from time to time. Check amazon too, haven't found the 'top shelf' lines at incredible prices, but some nice discounts on good lines. The of course, ebay. Can find new lines at good prices. Be sure to check seller's feedback scores. Some fly shops or companies sell closeout products on ebay. When I find sellers I like I save them and get periodic emails with new products they've listed.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:58 PM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road

Def. keep your eye on fly shop closeouts. Sierra can have some good deals but the deals found on sierra can be found elsewhere on the net. All of the deals on fly shop closeouts seem to be unique.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM

dhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nice

I've bought discount lines from these guys and have found them to be ok...
Discount Fishing Tackle, Inc.
2645 S. Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO 80223

http://stores.coloradoelkanddeerhunt...Categories.bok
Old 06-22-2013, 06:12 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

They key to getting a good deal on a fly line is to buy them when you don't need them.

They are never on sale when I need them.
jcw355 likes this.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:12 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
They key to getting a good deal on a fly line is to buy them when you don't need them.

They are never on sale when I need them.
I've bought bought line from Allens, Orvis and risenfly. You just have to keep checking their website's for sales. I think risenfly might have a special right now.