Discount line sources

jimp

Reaction score
Sources for discount fly line came up in another thread and unfortunately hi-jacked the OP's thread (sorry bout that) so if you've got a good source for discounted prices on line you've used before, post it up. Maybe this will be get "stickied" so it will stay at the top of the forum.

williamhj

Reaction score
A good place to check periodically is the 'sale' areas on major websites be they Orvis, or Cabelas, or whatever. Often the popular sizes are sold quickly leaving less used line weights but if you check periodically you can find a deal. Also fly shop closeouts can have some great deals as well as sierra trading post from time to time. Check amazon too, haven't found the 'top shelf' lines at incredible prices, but some nice discounts on good lines. The of course, ebay. Can find new lines at good prices. Be sure to check seller's feedback scores. Some fly shops or companies sell closeout products on ebay. When I find sellers I like I save them and get periodic emails with new products they've listed.

tbum2020

Reaction score
Def. keep your eye on fly shop closeouts. Sierra can have some good deals but the deals found on sierra can be found elsewhere on the net. All of the deals on fly shop closeouts seem to be unique.

mudbug

Reaction score
They key to getting a good deal on a fly line is to buy them when you don't need them.

They are never on sale when I need them. :confused:

jcw355

Reaction score
They key to getting a good deal on a fly line is to buy them when you don't need them.

They are never on sale when I need them. :confused:
I've bought bought line from Allens, Orvis and risenfly. You just have to keep checking their website's for sales. I think risenfly might have a special right now.