The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 02:30 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sticky Fly Line

Well yesterday I returned the outfit to Bass pro. I also returned the recent 5w reel and line because after the reel problems with the 10w, I wasn't impressed with their brand that much.

Last night, I had an ordering frenzy for a new rig. After some thought with the low selection of 10w lines, I decided on a 9w outfit. I could've spent much more but tried to keep it reasonable

*LL Bean Streamlight Ultra 9w combo
*Scientific Anglers Sharkskin Magnum Taper Line

I think I'll be fine with that line and can't wait to give it a whirl! If for any reason the regular line doesn't do well in the heat, I can grab a 2nd spool and pick up the sister line - Magnum Tropic Taper but I don't think I'll have to go there. I'll have it just in time for vacation and I'll be pumping out 4-5 days worth of fishing

I also picked up some other stuff.

Streamlight Ultra 5w reel with the new Rio Perception line and I grabbed the SA Mastery gpx line for my 8w which I use for smaller flies.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...