The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Could someone explain this to me

A Wulff Triangle Taper. Can you explain this to me,,what IS a Triangle Taper exactly.

Mike
Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Could someone explain this to me

F_G

Go to the net and look up Wulff fly line. Their site should explain it.

Imxer
jaybo41 likes this.

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 08-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

"Could your explain "this" to me.

this

/T͟His/

Pronoun
Used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced: "is this your bag?".
Adjective
Used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced: "don't listen to this guy".
Adverb
To the degree or extent indicated: "they can't handle a job this big".
Synonyms
pronoun. it - that - this one - theseadverb. thus - so - that

plecain likes this.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxer View Post
F_G

Go to the net and look up Wulff fly line. Their site should explain it.

Imxer

It does!

Triangle Taper Floating Fly Line | RoyalWulff
Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I have it on my 2wt,,,and it's the best roll casting line I've ever used. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I knew it was wonderful casting line, I just wasnt sure what triangle taper meant.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:21 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
Sep and jaybo41 like this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 08-06-2013, 05:04 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
I have it on my 2wt,,,and it's the best roll casting line I've ever used. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I knew it was wonderful casting line, I just wasnt sure what triangle taper meant.
Thanks for posting....I roll cast with my two weight 95% of the time.......those rhodo tunnels are fierce at times.........I will check into those triangle tapers.......

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 08-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Thanks Silver Creek..I'm a photo guy,,says more than a thousand words, yes ?

I'm saving that image !

Mike
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I've used triangle tapers a lot. While I love them, there are some cons (my opinion, of course). Mainly, the ability to load up close. With a weight forward line (and the right rod), you will feel the rod load with 10' of fly line out of the rod tip. This is because the of the weight forward profile. With the triangle taper, I've noticed that I've needed more line out of the rod tip to actually get the rod to load and feel like I'm casting. However, I LOVE the presentation that I get from a triangle taper line. To me, they're a mini-scandinavian line and they make bullet-like casts in the right hands...
Old 08-13-2013, 10:41 AM

keiths is on a distinguished road

delopez,
Do you need to go up one line size?