The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all
Default Loop Opti Fly Lines

I have been looking for the Opti Stream & Creek brand of lines by Loop. On this coast they are non-existent. I located an outfitter in California who will be adding them to their lineup and have quoted me $115.00 USD each, shipped. I find this to be extreme gouging when compared to RIO or other lines at $75 to $80 and now on their two day sale for a lot less. If I wanted those brands( and I do use them) I would buy locally and save the shipping and exchange and the same price in $Cdn. Does anyone here use the Loop Opti lines? Are they that much better and worth the price they are asking? This brand has been recommended to me by a glass rod builder who knows his stuff and thinks that this is the perfect line for my new rod. Any comments will be appreciated.