The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 10:08 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice
Default 2 weight lines?

have a Hardy Flyweight 6ft 2wt give me some thoughts on best line and who makes 2wt lines
Old 09-29-2013, 09:25 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2 weight lines?

I'm only about a year into 2wts and only have the one line that's on my reel. It's a Wulff triangle taper and seems to work good. Roll cast great and were I fish that rod, a good roll cast is a must.

Best choice ?,,I wouldn't really know. But it does work good.

Mike
Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 AM

vgb is on a distinguished road

I use an Orvis Superfine for dry fly work and find it very good to use with both steffan glass and softer graphites

regards

Vince
Old 09-30-2013, 10:00 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Thanks Triangle Taper Orvis Superfine and SA Mastery trout are going to be my choices wish I could cast all 3
Old 10-22-2013, 06:28 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

I have a old Scott "G" Series that I just got and it came with hardy WF-2-F line and it casts great. Don't know if they still make it but it does fish very nice. I also just got, today' an Orvis Wonderline WF2I Gen 3 I am going to try for fishing deeper this winter. Good luck!

Craig
Old 10-22-2013, 08:39 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

I've got some AirFlo Super-Dri Elite WF2F coming for a rod that is still in production stages. There doesn't seem to be many 2wt lines available.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 AM

I settled on SA mastery trout like it alot
Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I believe your line choice will be good, I've had more of the SA. lines than I can remember and they have always been just fine regardless of the rod I purchased them for. It is only since I began using 2 hand rods that I've ventured into the realm of what I consider exotics in fly lines. For those rods I have a collection of SA. Carron - Ian Gordon and Rio lines. To think that when I got that first rod I said "I'm not going to do what I've done with single hand rods". By that I meant that I would not end up with a stack of rods.............. Oops.

At this time I believe that almost all my lines from 3 - 9 weight that are on reels are Scientific Angler Mastery lines and they are great.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-23-2013, 03:51 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

You never heard it from me ...... get a real silk line. Delicate as a new born Baby in your hands.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:46 PM

means is on a distinguished road

I purchased my first two weight this spring and have been extremely pleased with the Cabelas prestige plus line that I got on sale. It has a welded loop on front and the WF I got lets me roll cast well and make some pretty decent distance.