The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By tsubeta04

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 06:16 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Dynamite rod/line combo!

I have cast quite a long list of rods and lines over the years and every blue moon I get a taste of a VERY good rod/line marriage. Yesterday my guide brought a combo that really got me excited. We were fishing musky and the combo was the TFO Mangrove 10wt. lined with the Airflo Sniper type III. I was constantly over shooting my target with this rig. I went straight home and ordered the line. We'll see how it likes my 10wt. Otherwise I'll be buying the Mangrove
Old 11-02-2013, 06:28 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dynamite rod/line combo!

This comes as no surprise. Jay is one of those casters that has to 'back off' to keep his fly out of the trees on the other side of the river.

fae
jbird likes this.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:55 PM

tsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nicetsubeta04 is just really nice
Default Re: Dynamite rod/line combo!

Those mangroves arr sick. I got the 6 and 8 wt and just ordered the 4wt.

I was stoked when they announced they would make the mangroves under 6wts.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
jbird likes this.