The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 07:56 AM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Airflo super-dri exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
I'll give it a try.
btw, does the line really float higher, supple and repel junks as advertised?
I was casting it on a pond with an air temp of 65 degrees, so I cannot speak to cold performance, and didn't have to pay any attention to flexibility. I never thought anything like "gee this is a bit stiff". It did float very well so it picked up off the water nicely. Water was very clear so getting gunked up wasn't possible. I was just hoping it would cast great.
runningfish likes this.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:17 AM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your inputs James, now I guess I have to buy a Hardy reel to make it a full English setup.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:50 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I cast a loop cross s1 6 weight again today, with the exceed line. I cast the whole line. Smooth line, for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

Alright, I just bought one of these for my 9 weight. Awesome line! I would recommend this line to just about anyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 04:56 PM

zelly is on a distinguished road

How is the taper different from the Rio Grand? I know nothing about lines etc, but do own the 9' #4 zenith with a SA sharkskin GPX #4 and not sure if i LOVE it. I heard the Grand has a more aggressive taper than the GPX so its easier to cast longer without having a lot of line in the air. Therefore I'm thinking about either the Rio Grand or this airflo one, if its similar to the grand. Since im more of a beginner than a pro, its said to be easier to cast with aswell. Just afraid it can be a little to heavy and maybe spook the fish when fishing dry