The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 02:53 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Airflo super-dri exceed

does anyone have any experience with this line?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:12 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Airflo super-dri exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
does anyone have any experience with this line?
No, but I was told by an Airflo sales rep that it is 1/2 to 3/4 line size heavy, similar to Rio Grand and Sci Anglers GPX.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:40 PM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road

I have not fished it yet, so this is of no help to you, but I bought one for my 7wt for carp fishing. I have heard good things, but that is all...just heard. Apparently they don't float as high as some of the Rio and SA lines, but are suppose to last a really really long time.

If you want the line for a medium action rod, you could give the Super-Dri Elite a go.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:04 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Any new updates about this line?
I am interested in getting this Exceed or the Rio Gold for my 4wt fast rod.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:05 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I'm getting it in next week. I cast it on a 6 weight loop cross s1 and it was a very nice casting line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
I'm getting it in next week. I cast it on a 6 weight loop cross s1 and it was a very nice casting line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, keep us posted please.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 PM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

I just put it on my Hardy Zenith 9' 4wt, based on the feeling when I demo'd the 8'6" vs the 9'. I was surprised with the difference between the two, and really felt the 9' needed just a bit more line weight, just a bit, not a whole line size.

For this rod, it's a great match. Nice touch up close, reaches out at 50' just as nicely. Shoots quietly, which I really like. Loops on both ends, another thing I like.

I'm not sure it's the right line for another rod, you'd have to try it to be sure. Rod and line and caster must all work together for optimal performance, so all I can say is the for me, and my Zenith, it's the bomb. JMO
sweetandsalt and runningfish like this.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james w 3 3 View Post
I just put it on my Hardy Zenith 9' 4wt, based on the feeling when I demo'd the 8'6" vs the 9'. I was surprised with the difference between the two, and really felt the 9' needed just a bit more line weight, just a bit, not a whole line size.

For this rod, it's a great match. Nice touch up close, reaches out at 50' just as nicely. Shoots quietly, which I really like. Loops on both ends, another thing I like.

I'm not sure it's the right line for another rod, you'd have to try it to be sure. Rod and line and caster must all work together for optimal performance, so all I can say is the for me, and my Zenith, it's the bomb. JMO
James, the Exceed is actually for the same Zenith that you have. A couple of days ago I just bought a zenith 4wt 9ft and looking for an alternative line other than the Rio Gold.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 PM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
James, the Exceed is actually for the same Zenith that you have. A couple of days ago I just bought a zenith 4wt 9ft and looking for an alternative line other than the Rio Gold.
I'm really happy with it. Hope it makes you smile as much as mine does to me!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 PM

I'll give it a try.
btw, does the line really float higher, supple and repel junks as advertised?

Last edited by runningfish; 03-06-2014 at 10:44 PM.