The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 01:10 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best line for a Redington CT 3wt

my 4wt CT LOVES the Rio Trout LT
Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM

weatherwar is on a distinguished road

I put the cheapest of the Allen lines on it, WF3, and it seems just dandy for dries and small streamers.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
I've been casting my CT 3wt with a dt3f Trout LT... Great line and when one end is shot he can just flip it around and use the other end. I also used a trout taper for some time and it worked great. I'd stay away from the grand... It's a full weight heavier... Meaning a wf3 is really a wf4 and that CT is a relatively moderate action rod which much prefers lines true to their rating

Cabelas lines are now made by Rio... Before they were made by Cortland and were still great lines for the money... I see their new Rio made lines are currently on sale.(the ones with the yellow/grey packaging)

My friend just stopped by and he indeed got the Rio Trout 3dt. $40 at Cabela's. He had them put a perfection knot on either end of the line. I guess that is okay? He said they used "ambrosia" or "amsiesiha" or something like that on? It's a very thin....what? Plastic looking line? Never heard of it. Semi-stiff yet not... Ever hear of it? Does it float??

Whatever. He seems happy. It does cast nice though. Wish I had the cash laying around!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-29-2014, 05:37 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Amnesia is often known as a type shooting line. Can also be used to create hi vis leader butts. It'll work as a nice "indicator" as it's probably neon red or green. It's mono so it'll float sorta. It won't pull the fly line down if that's what worries you. Plenty of people do what they did.

Sounds like your friend got the Trout series. Not the Trout LT. Which is perfectly fine. It'll do everything he needs it to.

“You can’t waste your life making money, and then go back and try to buy your life back.”