The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 10:13 PM

dannyboy is on a distinguished road
Default Floating Flyline - Sage Three RPL+

Good evening

I am looking for advice on a replacement floating line for my Sage Three RPL+ 690. My Rio line died last night after 10 years of faithful fish tugging.

I fish primarily stillwater here in BC with floating line with 12 foot leader, chironomid and strike indicator. i built the rod myself from blanks almost 18 years ago and it still fishes like a champ. Any advice, including suggested weight, would be great.

In addition, I have a creamy white Sage rod tube with a missing cap. Any leads on replacement caps would be an added bonus.

Cheers
Old 07-08-2014, 10:38 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Floating Flyline - Sage Three RPL+

If you got 10 years out of the RIO that ought to be endorsement enough to get another RIO. That is an exceptional length of service.

I fished several times last week with the new LOOP USA lines, rods and reels and was impressed by all, especially the lines. With their fast rods and incredible lines I will be looking seriously at them going forward.

Also, don't forget the lines from Allen Flyfishing a corporate member of this site. I have used their lines and love them as much as any I've tried in the past.

Again, if the RIO lasted as long as it did I would look at getting another.

Kelly.