Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By mike_r
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By myt1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM

mike_r is a jewel in the roughmike_r is a jewel in the roughmike_r is a jewel in the roughmike_r is a jewel in the rough
Default Kudos for RIO Products

A few months back I purchased the regular version of the RIO Gold flyline in a WF4F melon/gray dun color. I knew this line would be a good match for my new Loomis NRX 4 as I have had good results with this line and some faster Sage rods. Previously, I had only used the standard moss/gold color and this time thought I would change up colors since I had the moss/gold already in rotation on my NRX 6. Right after spooling up this line I had problems with memory coiling. Did a full line stretch but it only helped marginally. Fished the line anyway, but had to keep stretching it even with ambient temps in the 50-60* range. After two outings on the river and several yard casting sessions, I noticed what seemed to be a definite softening of the lines' core over the last 18" of the line just before the factory loop. This may have been induced from the stretching.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided to give the folks at RIO a call and was utterly surprised to receive a live human voice on their end of the line. After stuttering and mumbling for a moment due to my shock, I began to explain my situation to this very nice and receptive person, and she explained that I should simply send them the used line and note to their warranty dept and they would send me a new one. Wonderful!

A week after they received my old line, I had a new RIO Gold (opted for the standard color this time...superstitious I suppose) WF4 line in my hands. Lined it up today on the same reel and strung it up on the NRX for a little yard session and can honestly say I am completely satisfied. No coiling issues, the coating is slick and the line is smooth and consistent as one should expect! Perhaps the old line was just from a flawed batch that eluded inspection or was subject to extreme temps while warehoused, I do not know. I do know that RIO stood behind their product and made it right! Kudos to RIO, they will continue to have my business: great products and great service! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kudos for RIO Products

I'm sure there are others but this is the Orvis/LL Bean view. Nothing sells more product than this type of post ... AND IT'S FREE! And right at one of your major customer groupings.

All good things.

fae
mcnerney and myt1 like this.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:43 AM

myt1 is a splendid one to beholdmyt1 is a splendid one to beholdmyt1 is a splendid one to beholdmyt1 is a splendid one to beholdmyt1 is a splendid one to beholdmyt1 is a splendid one to beholdmyt1 is a splendid one to behold

After-market care and service is everything...and well worth the extra money in my opinion.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike
It is great to here customer service stories like this, thanks for sharing!