The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Lines (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-lines/)
-   -   Customer Service @ Scientific Anglers; (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-lines/45458-customer-service-scientific-anglers.html)

Hardyreels 09-04-2010 08:06 PM

Customer Service @ Scientific Anglers;

I made a post on a Spey fishing forum responding to a question about Scientific Anglers Fly Lines. I stated that I like all my lines and had only ever had one problem. I had a welded loop break this past spring on one of my sink tips. I mentioned this very matter of fact and not as a warning or a complaint.

I was surprised when I got a PM from a SA rep who read my post and he took my mailing address and three days ago a UPS truck pulled in the drive and the driver handed me an envelope. Inside the package were two new tips, a 120 grain type 4 and a 160 grain #4. It seems the company nor the rep could guess which I had broke so they sent both. :faint:

So if you were ever wondering what will happen if you have a problem with a SA line, there you have it! I think I own between 12 & 14 SA lines.

Ard

wonderfulremark 09-04-2010 10:11 PM

Re: Customer Service @ Scientific Anglers;

The first day I bought a SA Mastery GPX line and went fishing, the very same thing happened.
I cut it off and put a braided loop on... I really wished though I would've contacted SA right away.
After I cut the loop off it just hasn't casted the same.

:S Next time this happens again I'll contact them...

Im glad SA helped you out. Great CS!!

Hardyreels 09-04-2010 11:32 PM

I would contact them anyway, I remember you posting about this. It was not that long ago, what the heck, you have nothing to loose send an e-mail.

wonderfulremark 09-05-2010 11:45 PM

I guess you are right...
the worst thing they can tell me is no..... :D

Jimmie 09-06-2010 01:29 PM

Love to hear positive "customer service" stories. Those are the people that get my business.

boser 09-06-2010 03:04 PM

WOW, Ard, that is amazing. I would say they have some savy personel in their company. I mean to actually search web sites such as ours and pick up posts where people are discussing their products. Good story and good for you friend. Really amazing when you think of how cut throat todays company's can be.

Boser

Fly2Fish 09-06-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderfulremark (Post 133003)
. . . After I cut the loop off it just hasn't casted the same. . . .

Wondering if you covered the cut tip with Pliobond or some other waterproof flexible sealing agent to keep water from wicking into the line's core. Don't know if that would affect its casting, but it certainly could affect its floating ability (assuming it was a floating line).

mcnerney 09-06-2010 10:22 PM

Ard: Thanks for posting that information, it really says alot about Scientific Anglers and their customer service!

Larry

Hardyreels 09-06-2010 11:18 PM

Larry, I have invited the rep to join our forum, I hope he does.

Rip Tide 09-07-2010 08:40 AM

When I lost a drag part off one of my System II reels :o, I email SA as to where to buy a new piece. Someone called me within an hour, and in a few days I had 2 parts in the mail.... free of charge :)