The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Lines

Fly Lines Let's talk about fly lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 PM

TnTom is on a distinguished road
Default Close up Pics of Furled Leader and other ????

does anyone have some close up pics of a furled leader.

I found a sight that went into excellent detail in building a jig and making the leader. I guess I'm going to take a shot at making one.

I do have a couple leaders that a fellow FF'er turned me on to and when I look at the end loops under mag and not ever having seen one before I'm having a hard time imagining the before and after.

It sure would help to see up close some different furled leaders.

Tom
Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Close up Pics of Furled Leader and other ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTom View Post
does anyone have some close up pics of a furled leader.

I found a sight that went into excellent detail in building a jig and making the leader. I guess I'm going to take a shot at making one.

I do have a couple leaders that a fellow FF'er turned me on to and when I look at the end loops under mag and not ever having seen one before I'm having a hard time imagining the before and after.

It sure would help to see up close some different furled leaders.

Tom
Not sure if it will help or not, but you might take a look at Ebay (eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices). You don't need to log in, just do a search on "Furled Leaders", you'll see pictures of a number of designs.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Here's a pic I have on a reel that suffered because a friend insisted on stripping out line with each back cast!

The leader inside is made of 6/0 Uni-thread and presents as gentle as a breeze. Micro-drag is all but non-existent too because thread is so supple.
You can clearly see the taper.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:02 AM

TnTom is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the feedback. Haven't had a chance to try mine out yet but I think its going to be a nice weekend and I'm heading to the creek and will get to see what they are like.