Hook: Tiemco 2457 or equivalent sz 12-18
Bead: 2.4mm Gold
Thread: White, Black or red Danville 70 denier
Tail: Pearl Krystal Flash
Body: Fox Squirrel Dubbing
Ribbing: Red Copper Wire - size Brassie
Collar: UV Pink Ice Dub
Please note that this isn't in line with Bethke's original pattern. However, it is exactly how I prefer mine. Not much mess, and a very quick tie.
1: Start thread down to the hook bend.
2. Tie in Krystal Flash tail and red copper wire. (Do not worry about tail length. You can trim that later)
3. Dub squirrel onto thread at desired bugginess. (I prefer mine less spiky, although many prefer it extremely buggy.)
4. Wrap up until about 1/3 hook shank left before bead.
5. Wrap red copper wire up the length of the body.
6. Dub ice dub tightly onto thread.
7. Wrap collar
8. Whip Finish, trim tail, and pick/brush dubbing out to desired bugginess.