The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Patterns

Like Tree29Likes

Comment

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Beer Powered Flies
beerpoweredflies
01-01-2017
Thanks for the add.

I started a new hobby, filming myself tying flies. I'd really appreciate the views and subscriptions to my channel. Check it out. The name of the channel is...

Beer Powered Flies

Google it. Find me. Watch my videos. Share my videos....
By ia_trouter on 01-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Default Re: Beer Powered Flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
I didn't think I was trolling... more like roasting.

On that subject though, the original post fits the very definition of trolling. I half expected it to get scratched from the forum.
No, you're just a mean little troll so back under your bridge until you can be constructive again.

IMO he's just a new tyer that wants to play youtube. It's very popular now. He needs considerable practice and this may not be exactly what the forum is for, but I don't think he has any ill intentions.

I won't be posting any tying vids here for critique. He has more nerve than I do.
By stenacron on 01-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Member reviews
How effective is this fly? (1 low, 10 high)
10%10%10%
How good is the tying?
10%10%10%
Good photograph?
30%30%30%
Average 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
No, you're just a mean little troll so back under your bridge until you can be constructive again.

IMO he's just a new tyer that wants to play youtube. It's very popular now. He needs considerable practice and this may not be exactly what the forum is for, but I don't think he has any ill intentions.

I won't be posting any tying vids here for critique. He has more nerve than I do.
Oh I don't have any issues with trollers. Then again it's not my website.

On the other hand, I'm not one to dole out words of encouragement to trollers either. If it would have been just the video without the "this is me, Google me, subscribe to me, tell others about me" stuff on top of the cheesy beer title... totally different story.
By mridenour on 01-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Member reviews
10%10%10%
How good is the tying?
10%10%10%
Good photograph?
50%50%50%
Average 23%

I don't find him trolly at all. More like spammy. He just joined here to generate more traffic on his Youtube channel IMO. Doubt we'll see much out of him around here in the future.

I've been tying for 45 years. I would never ever post a video of my tying. I still suck.

I'd start out posting pics from various stages of tying. You can make it appear that you know what you are doing when you aren't fumbling around with the thread and putting dubbing on for no apparent reason on the video for everyone to see.
By ia_trouter on 01-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:

On the other hand, I'm not one to dole out words of encouragement to trollers either. If it would have been just the video without the "this is me, Google me, subscribe to me, tell others about me" stuff on top of the cheesy beer title... totally different story.
He doesn't yet know what he doesn't know. As Bigfly said, the thread wrapping the hook issue was the immediate giveaway. Youtube comments will be brutal if he leaves it out there a month.
By mridenour on 01-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Member reviews
10%10%10%
How good is the tying?
10%10%10%
Good photograph?
50%50%50%
Average 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
He doesn't yet know what he doesn't know. As Bigfly said, the thread wrapping the hook issue was the immediate giveaway. Youtube comments will be brutal if he leaves it out there a month.
Yeah, we've been fairly nice.
By ia_trouter on 01-04-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Yeah, we've been fairly nice.
Many of the pro tyers just turn the feature off on youtube. The comments are just idiotic at some point and no need to deal with it.

I am glad youtube tying vids are so hot now. 90% of my tying ability came from that source. There are some incredibly talented guys sharing free wisdom.
By stenacron on 01-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Member reviews
10%10%10%
How good is the tying?
10%10%10%
Good photograph?
30%30%30%
Average 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post

I don't find him trolly at all. More like spammy.
Exactly. Six of one, half dozen...
By wlshafor on 01-04-2017, 05:14 PM

Love the colors looks like a steelhead fly to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
Generally......the way it works.....is you tie a fly that catches every fish that sees it.

Then you start selling them to friends, then to local shop....

At that point you court fame.....and youtube views....

Maybe watch a few......

But don't quit tying....it's fun without recognition as well.....

Jim

Click the image to open in full size.

Just think clean......

If you don't slow down in life to take in what's around you before you know it you'll blink and miss your whole life.

-Warren L. Shafor

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Totally agree with you

Quote:

If you don't slow down in life to take in what's around you before you know it you'll blink and miss your whole life.

-Warren L. Shafor
Comment

Tutorial Tools