The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Default Where to find Teton spools?

Other than ebay, has anyone been able to find Teton spools? I have found a few places that have spools for the Tioga model, but not the Teton. I had called Teton and talked to Irene last week and she was going to look for a spare spool for me, but the company sale has gone through and the new owners changed the phone number to a recorded message.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to find Teton spools?

I would check the classified section of boards for a used one, and google to see if there are shops out there that might still have some left over stock.

It's good to see the company (with new owners) is going to get going again. They made excellent reels at a very good value. They've relaunched the website, and they plan to have a roll out of "new" models in the fall of 2009. Glad to hear that they will still be made in the USA!) The new website has an FAQ section where you can leave comments or questions and have them get back to you. It does sound like they will do their best to figure out some way to either come up with a spare parts program or some other way to honor past customers, but it looks like it will take a while to figure things out. Here's their FAQ, send them an email to get on their list for updates and hopefully get a response to whatever questions you have.

FAQ | Teton USA

Good luck!

mark
Old 06-17-2009, 06:08 PM

Thanks Mark! I've done quite a bit of google searching and emailed/called a few shops but so far bno luck. Same with ebay. It stinks because if I can't find another spool I'm going to have to unload my reel go with a big name like ross or lamson (not that they are bad, just pricey).
Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 AM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

What size spool are you looking for? I'll keep an eye out if i see one somewhere and send you a PM.

It's probably small consolation cuz you're looking for one right away, but it looks like they are prioritizing the Tetons rather than Tiogas for a re-release. But since they're combining sizes 5/6 etc, you may want to ask if the new spools will fit your model.

mark
Old 06-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi fireroad,

Both Feather-Craft and Cabela's use to sell the Teton reels. Feather-Craft sold them for many years. I would call them and see if they don't have a spare spool. I know they had a sale on them and I wouldn't think that all of the spools were sold.

Frank
Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
What size spool are you looking for? I'll keep an eye out if i see one somewhere and send you a PM.

mark
Thanks, I'm looking for a #5 reg or large arbor....mine is black but at this point I don't care what color I get.

Cabelas' has been out for quite a while now...maybe I'll try this feather-craft. I also have the folks at bears den looking for me too.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 AM

I'll keep an eye out.