The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2273Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

My new Love showed up this morning!
Click the image to open in full size.
Louder than an old alarm clock she is!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:09 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Now that is light for a reel that size! People need to scroll back and take a look at this if you are looking for a big reel without a lot of weight. Nice winch Casey!
I have it in a 7/8. I use it on my 7wt for Largemouth. Very light, pretty good drag, my only complaint is the line will sometimes end up behind the spool due to the skeleton style frame.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I had a shot of my new "girl" but I accidentally deleted from my gallery so heres a few of the Speyco and another favorite my Ocean City.
The Speyco is mounted to a Sage 8136 Brownie
The Guts
And my OC on a 5wt switch
I'm not one for "pretty" reels I like heavy and tough.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

my two new alphas. the 3/4 on a winston ascent....the 5/6 on a vapor.

ARFE
Old 05-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Bill,

Who says those reels don't look nice? The OC. is in great condition and is probably older than I am. Nice,

Casey,

You are becoming a reel lover judging by the number of pictures you are able to produce.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 PM

montana man is on a distinguished road

Hello, i was wondering if anyone here could get a picture of the galvan torque reel (perferably the clear color) on the winston burled maple seat?! Or even comments on the torque (T-5) Thanks!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:14 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I had a shot of my new "girl" but I accidentally deleted from my gallery so heres a few of the Speyco and another favorite my Ocean City.
The Speyco is mounted to a Sage 8136 Brownie
The Guts
And my OC on a 5wt switch
I'm not one for "pretty" reels I like heavy and tough.
-----------------------
wt
that line reminder on the OC is something I wish the reel guys were using today. (I KNOW NAUTILUS HAS PROVIDED A SPOT TO WRITE IT ON THE FWX SPOOLS.) There must be other ways of doing the same thing.
imxer
Old 05-29-2011, 10:52 PM

craigos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellb View Post
Thanks Ard-

And i thought my Loops/Danielsson originals were worn - that track is down to the bare aluminum. Amazing ...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:56 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

When I sold that reel the wear seen in the picture had only worn off the black finish and while it looks dramatic there is no groove worn into the frame. This occurred over years of very heavy use, those Loop/Danielsson reels are made to last..
Old 06-07-2011, 02:51 PM

damod is on a distinguished road

Wow.. envious.. I've been looking for a Cordel Auto reel for a long while and have never found one.. Not once..

Superb Reel that.