The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

Wow,

I knew that they were expensive but my recollections were from the 1990's when I watched the market through a collector and seller back in Mass. I guess I wouldn't use one that could sell for 5 or 6K either.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Yeah...makes me choke a bit to think about it. Like I said, all the reals came from my da'-in-law. He has a collection that.....well....is mind boggling. His current addiction is Walker reels. The new rules for Paypal and the IRS have made us stop selling until January. I was absolutely shocked how many buyers there are for the EVH and Zwarg reels given the economy and all. We haven't sold any of the truely rare ones yet. Several should fetch as much as 17 or 18 thousand!

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Last edited by mrfzx; 09-29-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-2011, 01:35 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

anyone in the market for Hardy reels, there a bloke on the UK forum selling Demon 5000 and Demon 3000 with multiple spools (with optional lines)

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-03-2011, 08:24 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Like I said, certified gear junkie, I knew there would be another rod/reel in my future. I just picked up another 9wt rod and figured another Bauer in the arsenal couldn't hurt. The CFX5.....

Click the image to open in full size.
von behr likes this.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's a nice piece of equipment, a 5 weight?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

It holds a 9 weight with 200yds of 30lb backing.......
Old 10-04-2011, 10:19 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I'll jump in on this one. A few of the ladies sitting on a shelf, waiting to be picked

Sorry about the conventionals in the pic guys, atleast they're not top shelf.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
I'll jump in on this one. A few of the ladies sitting on a shelf, waiting to be picked

Sorry about the conventionals in the pic guys, atleast they're not top shelf.
How do you like that airflo balance reel? i saw them recently on sale, though now i cant remember where! Was thinking to pic one up. I like the look, but wasnt sure about the performance

Any comments?

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

It balances well on my TFO TiCRX 7WT and has a decent drag. It has stopped plenty of largemouth and even some saltwater species from my kayak.
My only complaint is the backing and thinnest part of the running line will sometimes end up between the spool and the frame when I cast. Doesn't happen often and it sure is and awesome looking reel so I'm pretty happy with it overall. I believe they are discontinued now so if you want one you better grab it soon.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:14 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

One of my favorites for trout is a Hardy Marquis married to a 6wt Fenwick. This one is actually Scientific Anglers system 8 but is made by Hardy identical to the Marquis 8/9. I have the Hardy Mach 2 trout line on it with sky blue casting and orange running line.

Hardyreels and von behr like this.