The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
The mail man just dropped off my new Abel Super 6...... Shown mounted on my new Scott S4 956-4 that was left on the porch saturday.

Click the image to open in full size.
A slick looking set, I wish you the best using that rig! I almost bought a rod today.............. then I remembered that this is the season of giving not hording but darn I wish I woulda' done it...........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

I agree on the season of giving and not hoarding..... Thats why I'm selling off a bunch of stuff that doesn't and won't get used(I very rarely buy a rod or reel with out selling one or two). Sometimes you just "need" that new combo, Ya know what I mean....
Old 12-13-2011, 07:57 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
A slick looking set, I wish you the best using that rig! I almost bought a rod today.............. then I remembered that this is the season of giving not hording but darn I wish I woulda' done it...........
No problem, buy a rod and give it to me! I'll do the same and we'll both be happy!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Unless I'm mixed up didn't you just get a Spey rod? What are you using for a reel on that.....................

Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

What happens when Reel Love turns to a Painted Lady?

You get the Super Seven Year Itch

An Abel Super 7 Reel with the whole nine yards custom anodized, reel frame, spool, disc, drag knob & reel foot with a Rosewood handle.

Clash with the world, TT

Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Unless I'm mixed up didn't you just get a Spey rod? What are you using for a reel on that.....................
Yes I did, I aquired an 11' Switch rod. There's no shortage of 9/10/11 class saltwater reels in my closet According to the unwritten rules of "reel love" you can never have enough!

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
What happens when Reel Love turns to a Painted Lady?

You get the Super Seven Year Itch

An Abel Super 7 Reel with the whole nine yards custom anodized, reel frame, spool, disc, drag knob & reel foot with a Rosewood handle.

Clash with the world, TT
I was wondering what you were going to follow the Ecklund with. That's a show stopper for sure!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Allen Gear

got my new Allen reels rigged, the Alpha is on a new Xa 10ft 8wt. the green trout reel is on my scienctic 6wt for now.

Mike
Hardyreels, kelkay and caseywise like this.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Allen Gear

Nice 'big' reels there, I like them, especially the big titanium looking one...........

Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

thanks. its the gunmetal finish. tested it out today, no fish but it was fun
Old 12-30-2011, 09:59 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Having missed this thread until a few days ago because i usually dont wander down the forums list this far, i would like to open with a reel i just received yesterday.

I got this from my dad who got it from his uncle at his death. The same great uncle to me whose old fly boxes i received a couple years ago when he died that finally got me motivated to learn to fly fish.

My "new" Berkley 510 fly reel....

Sorry for the poor quality, they are pics from my phone.

So, anyone have any personal experience with this reel? I would love to know just about anything about them. I cant really find any info on them online, just an auction or two. I need to find some line to put on it as well. I am assuming that it is in the 4/5 wt range.

I also recieved an old Eagle Claw spin/fly fish backpack rod(model UPR601) at the same time.
Hardyreels likes this.