The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2203Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

Rods are harder to photograph unless you do a long distance or wide angle shot of someone casting or landing a fish If you check out the Dry Fly Purist thread I put some rods on the first photo but could only get the handles and part of the shafts.

Then I remembered this picture, rod and reel in the middle of nowhere;

Click the image to open in full size.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my rod picture. Part of a flotsum sculpture. It's a $25, 10', 8wt from Sportman's Guide. I use it all the time.
Shoulda bought one of every size they had before they were discontinued.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:16 AM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Here's my current lot (Ross Evolution LT, Sage 4250, Lamson LiteSpeed).

Hardyreels, von behr and jaybo41 like this.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Some very nice hardware you've got there shotgun.

I got a new reel; new to me that is, a Billy Pate Marlin, old but spotless and huge. This is the biggest of the Pate anti reverse group but there is an issue. No pictures posted because the reel (although offered as a left hand wind) is a right hand wind. In order to render it to left hand retrieve I would need to send it to the manufacturer in Florida 'Tibor' and rumor has it that it will cost me 100 dollars 'more' to change it over!

Bummer, I have it packaged for post and must drive to Anchorage tomorrow for a meeting, while on the road I'll call Tibor to be sure but will probably place it into Priority Mail back to the seller at the Airport terminal......................

Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my 9 fer 5 in Bhutan. Not! (In California.) milt.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:19 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice reels shotgun!!
is the bottom one a sage?

casey

ARFE
Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
nice reels shotgun!!
is the bottom one a sage?

casey
Yep. It gets the most use as it's my 5wt. The Lamson is my 4 and Ross is the 7.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Deleted due to rudeness.

Last edited by trout trekker; 02-14-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Administrator

These reels are no longer in service but the Pfuleger 1495 DA has been with me for many years. The smaller 1492 1/2 was my first small stream reel, I used it on a 5' Lamiglass. The old martin 63 was just an extra reel that I never used. I have the Matrin MG-3 and that is the one that still gets use.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 07-05-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:21 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
Hey Wishin' from the Delta, have you noticed that we have a lot of the same reels?
I have noticed that, we both have a thing for Bauers and Abels....Your Abels are much more impressive though, both mine are black. I do want either a Pacific Striper, or skull and cross bones super 9, we'll see what the future holds..... Like they say great minds think alike, maybe it's a Cali thing.
Hardyreels likes this.

Last edited by wishiniwerfishin; 02-14-2012 at 03:30 PM.