The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

A shot from the past weekend, strapped in the Sumo:

Click the image to open in full size.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

A couple of my Super 4N in Brown Trout HD

Pictured on a Sage ZXL 486

A couple of my Abel Ought - Pictured on a Sage LL 389

Cheers,
Mike.
Hardyreels, mrfzx and jaybo41 like this.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice looking allen gear AJ.
what rod is the trout 3/5 on?

casey

ARFE
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice rod rack AJ and good looking reels!

Mike,

Those are some pretty fish, nice reels too

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Mike, that Abel is a beauty, love the anodization jobs they do!

The 3/5 is on the Allen ATS, the red of the reel looks great with the color of the blank and reel seat (plus its a great reel on top of that).

And Ard, after using the Sumo this weekend, I definitely want one of my own.... so much to buy, such a limited budget

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Just picked up a few new toys and my girlfriend accused me of having a compulsion to building "sets" of whatever I buy. I have no idea what she's talking about

Here's my T6,8,10 set

Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Nice set!!
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

I had to send the Billy Pate Tarpon reel back to the seller, it just wans't in the condition the seller made it sound like, but.... I still wanted an anti reverse reel and figured I could put my Bauer M4 on the 10wt RPL and ended up with a new(didn't want to chance it again) Abel #3n A/R in matte black(guide finish) and couldn't be happier, it's right at home on the S4 9wt. I wasn't sure about the finish but after getting my hands on it I realy like it. So much so, I think I'll pick up an Abel #3 in the same finish for the unused RPLX 10wt I just picked up. The reel showed up just in time for a much anticipated guided Striper trip on the Feather River this Thursday, can't wait!

Out of all the great things about this reel my favorite is the little inscription on the foot, "MADE IN USA", gotta love it!

Hardyreels and von behr like this.

Last edited by wishiniwerfishin; 04-17-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:33 PM

gaz19 is on a distinguished road

Some custom reels from UK

Hardyreels and von behr like this.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's a nice one Gaz, so.......who makes them?

Welcome to the thread, this is the first post from you I have seen so, Welcome to the forum as well!

Ard

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
I had to send the Billy Pate Tarpon reel back to the seller, it just wans't in the condition the seller made it sound like, but.... I still wanted an anti reverse reel and figured I could put my Bauer M4 on the 10wt RPL and ended up with a new(didn't want to chance it again) Abel #3n A/R in matte black(guide finish) and couldn't be happier, it's right at home on the S4 9wt. I wasn't sure about the finish but after getting my hands on it I realy like it. So much so, I think I'll pick up an Abel #3 in the same finish for the unused RPLX 10wt I just picked up. The reel showed up just in time for a much anticipated guided Striper trip on the Feather River this Thursday, can't wait!

Out of all the great things about this reel my favorite is the little inscription on the foot, "MADE IN USA", gotta love it!

DUDE!

I missed this post, your killen me here Nice, real nice,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;