The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2273Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 02:02 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

that should be fun, I got the glow leaders, but no glue line. I want to try a long exposure photo with it in flight.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:30 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
My trusty ol' Tioga 4. milt.
Hardyreels, von behr and caseywise like this.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

well, since these are only two reels i have, I guess I have to Love them!

Hardyreels likes this.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice Tioga Milt,

MNFF,

I've not ever seen one of those Shakespear's like that one, how old is that?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

I've posted this reel already but not since I added the Abel Arm to it....
Hardyreels and von behr like this.

Last edited by wishiniwerfishin; 06-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I've not ever seen one of those Shakespear's like that one, how old is that?
not sure i guess. came with the rod as a starter package that i bought at Wal-mart about 5 or 6 years ago. The reel actually is a pretty good little reel. click and pawl i think its called? my only complaint is the fly line gets caught between the spool and cage often. So im replacing it with the Prestige Plus that i purchased from a member here, but will still be a great back up reel, or maybe ill find a rod to slap it on!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

You got me there, I thought it was older........... The Cabela's reel should make a good one as they have sold many of them & I've not heard a bad word.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 PM

jasalvas will become famous soon enough

Great set ups everyone. Well I finally got around to it, Here are a few pics of some of my rods and reels. I now own more bamboo than graphite and almost all Hardy reels .
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Wow, that's a nice batch of reels there! Is there an old Lenoard in that wood pile?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 AM

jasalvas will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Wow, that's a nice batch of reels there! Is there an old Lenoard in that wood pile?
Hey Ard, Thats the rod that has the cracked spline! It was originally a Phillipson that was refinished by Leonard. I just picked up a couple of Orvis rods. A Battenkill 7'6", and a 7/4, The 7/4 is in perfect shape with only a soiled grip. I got a hell of a deal on it. I should take it up to Alaska and fish for Salmon with it!