The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 10:51 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

After wanting one for a long time, i finally got the Bauer Rogue i have been drooling over.

Bauer rogue 4
Click the image to open in full size.

This is going to go on a new 8wt i will pick up. Im gonna get a Sage one for winter Steelhead and as a carp rod for the tanks on the Columbia. Hopefully someday it will see some action in the tropics as well.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I used a Rogue 4 on a switch rod. It's a fine reel. The drag has a large adjustment range and is smooth form low end to top end.

Enjoy your new toy.

Dennis
Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about

I just picked up 2 Bauer Rogue 2's.
It was a deal I couldn't pass up...two reels with line and backing, 1 brand new never used, and 1 fished twice...

$100 for the pair...

I was very impressed with how smooth the drag is. And the fit and finish on the reels are very nice. That 1st ding on them is gonna hurt!!!

My only complaint is switching the reel from left to right retrieve is a bit of a pain.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I am just realizing there is a forum just for one of my favorite obsessions, REELS. I just looked through all the photos in this thread. Amazing reels. I have not photographed my modern reels. (I have a few of them) Reels are very addicting to say the least. I am not sure which one of my classic reels you want to see. They all have been photographed, but one. Here are a few. I have a few Medalists, but figured you all already know what they look like.

Pridex

Beaudex

If you want to see all of the classic/vintage reels, here is the url.
http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...els/?start=all
Hardyreels, von behr, Vans and 4 others like this.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
I just picked up 2 Bauer Rogue 2's.
It was a deal I couldn't pass up...two reels with line and backing, 1 brand new never used, and 1 fished twice...

$100 for the pair...

I was very impressed with how smooth the drag is. And the fit and finish on the reels are very nice. That 1st ding on them is gonna hurt!!!

My only complaint is switching the reel from left to right retrieve is a bit of a pain.
$100???? Holy cr@p, that is a good deal. I also have a Bauer Jr McKenzie as well on my 5wt. I am really partial to them mainly because they are home grown in OR.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Wow Kelly,

You've got a bunch of beautiful reels there! I believe you would like a Martin MG-3 if you could find one. These were the American Hardy Featherweight and they are wonderful light rod reels.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-30-2012, 08:13 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Thank you. I have heard several people say they like the MG-3. Isn't it a 3-4wt reel? I would like to try the MG in a little larger size. I don't have any Martin reels, YET.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Yes it's a little reel; I don't bellieve they made the reels any larger than this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM

Well thanks for the recommendation. I appreciate it!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 AM

I was told this reel was a 5-6wt. It is a multiplier. I have trouble believing this reel is anything less than a 7wt. (I'd say 7,8, possibly 9 as a guess) You might get a 6 DT line on it. It was larger than I thought it would be, plus it is heavy. I am still very pleased with it. I think it is a beauty. It seems I have Daiwa in several models in my collection.

Hardyreels and bradyb like this.