The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 PM

taylor16 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch View Post
I am really starting to like the Rogues. I like that they have the black frame and colored spools. That grey of yours would look really good with the grey reel seats of my S4s's. They also seem like a heck of a reel for the money. Maybe I need to pick a couple up.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I just realized I haven't put a pick up so here goes...my much loved Abel TR1.

Click the image to open in full size.
I just ordered this same reel in the TR2 size for my new bamboo... Great taste!!
Hardyreels and grouch like this.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey Taylor!

Congratulations, you are the 500th reply on the reel lovers thread

Who'd ever thought it would get that many reels and posts? You have a great reel for that new rod and thanks to everyone who has posted the reels they love

Ard
von behr and mbphotos54 like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=kelkay;480643]

I think I'm in love!!!! Nice reel Kelly! You don't see too many Airex these days.
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Thank you! I rigged it up last night. I am gonna use it with a DT6F for my bamboo rod. I am also gonna use the Pflueger Gem with a WF6F line. I will take both reels with me. It depends on the conditions as to which I use. I am trying out two different fly lines for these. I am gonna see which I prefer. I am trying a Hi Floater line WF, and a Aquanova line DTF. I can't wait to use them. I already rigged them up with one of Joni's furled leaders.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:49 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

new SA reel

old school

casey

ARFE
Old 09-22-2012, 10:09 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Love that System 1 Casey! My budy still fishes his from the early 90's and my System 2 from the same time still gets used sometimes, neither are in the condition your's is though.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of

I should find and photograph them, I, in some cardboard box somewhere, have a brace of the original System reels that where actually re-branded Hardy Marquis. The Marquis was a Lightweitght with a palming rim that was not marketed much on these shores probably via agreement with SA to not compete. Terrific reels of the great pawl and leaf spring era.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

The last time I posted in this thread I said I was done buying anything for a while but when I saw the Striper Print Super 9 I had to have it. No rod for it yet but I'm sure that will change soon enough.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:53 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
The last time I posted in this thread I said I was done buying anything for a while but when I saw the Striper Print Super 9 I had to have it. No rod for it yet but I'm sure that will change soon enough.

NOW you got me fired up!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 PM

golfnfish will become famous soon enough

My vintage CFO III I found on Ebay. All indications are that it was built in the first or second year of CFO production. It has no "registered mark" after either Orvis or CFO. It also was built without the chrome line guard and has the three hole reel foot.

I was lucky to find it in such excellent condition.

Hardyreels, kelkay and von behr like this.