The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2203Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

I finally purchased my "dream reel" at my local fly shop yesterday!
Bet your local fly shop guy is having a good holiday! Beautiful reel! Congrats!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice reel, dillon!

You better check that Fly Shop of yours.........with that purchase they may have closed their doors and bought a villa in Tuscany!

Pocono
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

No doubt they are expensive but hey, a new Perfect with left hand wind goes for about 900 and change and so do those St. George Hotspur reels. For the few extra quid these Saracione reels are pretty snazzy. Another card the Saracione holds is that they have a rather impressive drag and I love a good drag on a big fish. One of these years I'm gonna get one but for now I have too many reels that I like. If I bought one like that I would probably use only that reel and the others would just set and gather dust. That along with what I said earlier; I have a reel for each rod, there is no way I can have 5 of those

[Edit] I posted the above and then was about to close the forum and when my desk top back ground picture popped up I took a long look at it & said, "I really like this reel". I thought it was expensive at 750, that's what they were before the more affordable Korean models brought the price down a bit. It is a nice reel too I just wish it had more line capacity for heavier Spey lines.

Click the image to open in full size.
kelkay and wt bash like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-21-2012, 09:49 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

dillon, thats quite a fly reel!
a true piece of art

casey
von behr likes this.

ARFE
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

You're right about the pricing on the Mk IV reels, Ard. I was thinking about the Deluxe models; which more or less parallel the Mk IV models.

Fade the Villa in Tuscany idea...........................but, hey, maybe a condo in Ft. Meyers...........

That looks like an old Hardy Cascapedia in that pic of yours; it it?

Pocono
Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

One of the England Mk II reels, I paid 750 for that and thought it was a princely sum, but the Saracione's............. The 4 1/4 Salmon Spey runs around 1300 if you find one at discount. It'll be a long wait for that I think, for a few more hundred I can get round trip (Bush Delivery & Pickup) for a few weeks float on the best steelhead river up here Not to cast aspersions on those who pony up on the reels but a fellas gotta have priorities.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I'm sure that 750 will be on the rise as the MK's from the UK become more scarce.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

just bought a pair of these, both new in box...any idea of value? gonna keep one and probably give one as a gift. just curious

casey
Hardyreels, kelkay and wt bash like this.

ARFE
Old 11-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Casey,

Regardless of cost or popularity of the reel / brand, they look like a pretty good reel from here. A classic appearance, roller type line guard, and I see a tensioning knob on the rim. I think they look swell,

Ard

Old 11-25-2012, 04:21 PM

thanks ard,
they look like nice reels plus they're multipliers. cant wait to get my mitts on one... i bought a dt7- sink tip line for the one that i'm keeping
from what i've read, these were made and sold as orvis multiplies as well in the 70's. i believe they were made in england and other than that i really have no idea

casey

ARFE