The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

Leeda & BFR are counterparts, they should be great reels.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

I love these new Hardy Lightweights.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hardyreels, Pocono, kelkay and 7 others like this.

Last edited by leithel; 11-28-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Learn how to post better pictures. Didn't work! Thats a little better.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Just picked this up for a few Boo rods I just picked up(Hardy Palakona JJH Triumph 8'9" circa 1951, and a new custom 7' 2/2 4wt from a builder back east). It's a L.W. Holmes, pretty decent Hardy pefect clone. Not much wobble and deffinitely fishable, a bit of red grease should tighten it right up. I did have to do some file work on the pawl to get it to engage the gear but it works like new now. I'll probably clean it up with some solvent and and see how clean I can get it.
Hardyreels, kelkay, smog7 and 3 others like this.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Boy, I wouldn't clean it too much, I think it is weathering nicely. However it looks as if someone had 'The Hated Stickers' on it! God I hate stickers! They block UV & ozone from the finish of the reels allowing everything to weather and develop a patina except the area under Those *** Stickers........

Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Not too worry Ard, I too like the natural patina as well. I just wanted to get the grime out of the lines in the rim an inards of the reel, the sticker gunk too. I got it where I want it already with some rubbing alchohol and a old tooth brush. Luckily the reel must have lived a while before the ugly line stickers got put on, only a small sign that one of them was ever there not bad at all. I'm thinking it will be too big/heavy for the 7' but it should be right at home on the Hardy. I'll put up some shots in the rod love thread when it gets here.

-Joe
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Cool,

I was just seeing one of them on the sale place recently but not that one I don't think. I have to swear off reels for a while and get some rods to catch up and that is an embarrassing thing to admit.
jaybo41 likes this.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 AM

smog7 will become famous soon enough

kelkay, von behr, jaybo41 and 1 others like this.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Smog,

That is in great condition! Have you had it a long time or just get hold of it. They are so perfectly smooth,

Great reel,

Ard
smog7 likes this.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of

This is a fine late 70's vintage CFO with original fleece pouch in excellent, like unused condition. Note the "T" line guard pillar and the elongated spool release lever.
smog7 likes this.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 AM

smog7 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the compliments Hardy. I've had the reel for a couple of weeks now, just haven't had the time or funds to set it up and use.

Thanks for the info Seetandsalt! I see you are a cfo expert.
jaybo41 likes this.