The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

Hi Guys, and you too Kelly

Thanks, with the big heavy Jetstream line on it the weight is 11.4 ounces and it puts the fulcrum point right at the top of the cork at the winding check, when the line is out the rod will be a bit tip heavy but I'll deal with it until I figure something else out. It's a long time until May so there's plenty of time to find out how to get that butt cap of the rod so I can spike the handle
kelkay likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 AM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

Ard, Great looking reel. I actually have one in 2/3/4. I thought it was quite heavy. I really need to come up to Alaska and use some man size tackle. I think I told you I just received an Abel TR2 in the mail. It is beautifully finished, but it really is no better than the Korean Hardy's. I really enjoy all my tackle no matter where it's made. I hope the reel works out for you.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

I needed 20 posts to list something in the classifieds. This is my 20th post. I just can't bring myself to list this reel. Here's a picture for you to enjoy though.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

It sure is a nice example of a classic style reel Fred!

If the reel gets listed I can assure the membership that you are not just here to sell stuff. I haven't looked for pictures of that new glass rod on the rod thread but would love to see it too.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Same ol' Tioga/Sage rig, different spot. milt. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Same ol' Tioga/Sage rig, different spot. milt. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Those are great shots milt
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

pretty, pretty
love that rig milt.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Here's one that got instagrammed... Superman Alpha II strapped to the Olympic 12' 5wt, complete with a new Skagit line. The line isn't exactly graceful but does the dirty work, and the reel does its job well once the fish get to eating!

kelkay and thorsten like this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

love that color combo on the alpha II....
great pic AJ

casey

ARFE
Old 12-10-2012, 04:28 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry I don't have a steam setting picture of my new CFO that Mr Casey graciously fitted me with...but I wanted to show it anyways. Love the classic look and sound of this reel. Right now it's on a Reddington 3wt CT. Wonderful trout outfit I'm sure. I say 'will be',,as I have caught trout with the rod,,but without this wonderful reel so far. That will be fixed very shortly !
Thanks Casey !

imxer, Hardyreels, kelkay and 4 others like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
Sorry I don't have a steam setting picture of my new CFO that Mr Casey graciously fitted me with...but I wanted to show it anyways. Love the classic look and sound of this reel. Right now it's on a Reddington 3wt CT. Wonderful trout outfit I'm sure. I say 'will be',,as I have caught trout with the rod,,but without this wonderful reel so far. That will be fixed very shortly !
Thanks Casey !

looks great on the ct!!
glad it found a good home

casey

ARFE