The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2203Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

nice hardys....

casey

ARFE
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
nice hardys....

casey
Thanks, I am in love with it and havent even fished it yet haha, The black (not sure what to call it) coating seems like it will be very durable, just cant wait to try it out with the new mastery textured line I had him put on it.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello Fly Fishing Friends,

You uploaded awesome pictures of reels and rods, but often you show reels which were plunged under water. I always try to avoid that with my reels, because dust and small sand crains could get washed into the mechanical parts respectively into the bearing of the reel, which brings high abrasion.
Hardyreels likes this.

THORSTEN
Old 01-27-2013, 06:58 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsten View Post
Hello Fly Fishing Friends,

You uploaded awesome pictures of reels and rods, but often you show reels which were plunged under water. I always try to avoid that with my reels, because dust and small sand crains could get washed into the mechanical parts respectively into the bearing of the reel, which brings high abrasion.
Most reels are sealed and easily washed out. Though still very possible to get dirt inside of them, a good rinsing/drying and relubing should solve that issue.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
Thanks, I am in love with it and havent even fished it yet haha, The black (not sure what to call it) coating seems like it will be very durable, just cant wait to try it out with the new mastery textured line I had him put on it.
I've always loved black as a reel color. It gives it that classic look. A lot of colors come and go, but black and gun metal will never be out of fashion IMHO
imxer, kelkay, jaybo41 and 1 others like this.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 AM

crruns will become famous soon enough
Default Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
So this is why I do not shop, went into the local fly shop to pick up some new fly line (Mastery Textured) and picked up some flies made by them. Left with a new Hardy 4000DD black edition, sweet part was he put the line on for me which I knew he would but gave me 15 flies for free, which I thought was awesome. So I will definitely be using that shop again, I usually am an in and out person at this store, but stuck around and talked to the guy for a bit, so while pricing may not be as cheap as online sometimes, it will be nice knowing I am supporting guys like him.

The black edition is so sexy, and since I love Hardy. I originally wanted the plain one, but I like this black one.

Click the image to open in full size.
I had a tough time deciding on weather to go with the black or the original finish for my 4000dd. The black really looks good!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Two workhorses strapped to a pair of Scott S3s series rods.

The Twins in Basic Black.

If these two Abel Super 8’s could talk, they’d regale us with tales of far off places, exotic and domestic species they’ve bested and of grand days in the sun.
One has a minor case of reef rash on it’s frame, from a near face plant I did on a barnacle encrusted finger reef years ago. I wouldn’t trade that day or the reel, for all the kings gold.

Outfits: Made in the U.S.A.
Reels: California
Rods: Colorado
Lines and Backing: New York and Idaho.

TT
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

nice reels tt!

ARFE
Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 PM
sbreech

Some of my reels wanted to get together and have their pics taken, so here they are. Each one has a its own special duties and has yielded its own memories. I've always wanted a 5N in brown trout, but I just haven't sprung for one yet....

Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM

nice reels you have there. my brother is a big bauer fan, but i've never fished one.
the nauts are sweet too, i like their design.

casey

ARFE